Home General Discussion

I'm depressed :(

sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
my lotus MoW lighter is buggered :(
I've hardly used it, i dont know whats wrong with it, its just stopped working, still sparks and you can still hear the gas flowing, and its not a timing issue of the spark sparking before the gas is coming out.
its a shame as it looks almost good enough to put into dd thread in non cigar related.

Comments

• MBISONMBISON Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    What kind of butane you're using????
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    an ultra refined one with no impurities, apparently. i used it in my previous lighter for ages with no problems
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    You tried purging it?
    always do when refilling
    Have you tried putting another source of fire near the burner when the gas is flowing???? let's say a lit match or another lighter???? This will let you know is the gas flowing through the burner is good enough. If not it might be clogged somewhere. Try carefully using some "Dust off" on it. Also, are you using or storing in a place with low temperature???? Im running out of ideas!!!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    MBISON:
    Have you tried putting another source of fire near the burner when the gas is flowing???? let's say a lit match or another lighter???? This will let you know is the gas flowing through the burner is good enough. If not it might be clogged somewhere. Try carefully using some "Dust off" on it. Also, are you using or storing in a place with low temperature???? Im running out of ideas!!!
    That sucks, Sol. I've found that butane lighters are very finicky when it comes to temperature. Try keeping the lighter in your pocket for several minutes to warm it up.
    MBISON:
    just tried it and the gas from the lighter perturbed the flame of another lighter(non torch type) but doesn't ignite.(dont think it would, would it)
    not stored at a low temp.
    cheers for the help so far :)
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Send her back in!  Attn: Andy D.

We'll fix it up for you and send it right back. 

• timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Cigar.com

1911 Spillman Dr

Bethlehem, Pa 18015

just clicked it a few times and its igniting but then going out again, so it looks like it might be clogged, ill try some of the compressed air on it when i can.
    ive ordered a cheap replacement now though, as it looked like there was no hope, so im sure as soon as it turns up this will work fine again lol
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    timb:

Once again, The Beard offers salvation.
    timb:

hey Tim, as i live outside of the USA the shipping back and forth is likely to be more than what a replacement would cost lol. thanks for the offer though.
    timb:

This company never ceases to amaze me!!!!!!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    My Perdomo Thundra just crapped out me too. More and more I'm starting to believe that all lighters are just junk. Even the good ones.