Home General Discussion

Best Box Bedlam Deal?

xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
What do you guys think is the best bang for buck/ great cigar deal out of the Box Bedlam deal? Aside from the diesels which I have plenty of, what would you get? Many of these I have never tried but im willing to get a box without trying them if you guys think there is a surefire winner among them. What do you think?

Comments

• Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    There are some real diamonds in there. If you like full bodied cigars (which it sounds like you do) try

5 Vegas Triple-A - PA Broadleaf wrapper like you like on your Diesels but some interesting competing aromas

Oliveros King Havano - Great under the radar brand from the Plasencia factory. Same place that made the Casa Magna which was cigar of the year two years ago.

Cain F Robusto - great full bodied and that price cant be beat

RP Sun Grown - My personal favorite RP. Medium to full with lots of flavor and they get their ecuadorian sumatra so nice and dark and even.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    You're my hero, Alex. I was eyeing the 5 Vegas as I have had them before, so I might just break down and get them. The Oliveros is one I haven't looked at before, but sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the tip!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Grabbed 2 boxes of the Diesel Unlimited and 2 boxes of the 5 Vegas Triple A myself...
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    Alex Svenson:
    There are some real diamonds in there. If you like full bodied cigars (which it sounds like you do) try

5 Vegas Triple-A - PA Broadleaf wrapper like you like on your Diesels but some interesting competing aromas

Oliveros King Havano - Great under the radar brand from the Plasencia factory. Same place that made the Casa Magna which was cigar of the year two years ago.

RP Sun Grown - My personal favorite RP. Medium to full with lots of flavor and they get their ecuadorian sumatra so nice and dark and even.
    had my first 5 Vegas Triple-A yesterday at the range and it was awesome ;);)
    When does this sale end? Gotta Xmas shop tonight first lol
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    All month but once things sell out, they are gone.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I think the Diesel Unlimited is the best deal on there, but that's probably because it's one of my favorite sticks. The runner up would be the SCCCs. $58 and $48 shipped is an awesome price. If I had room, I'd buy two of each.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Padilla Cazadores is the best deal when everyone else is selling them for $120 to $135 for the same size. I picked up the 5 Vegas Miami too. I like the A but didn't car for the AAA at all. My boxes get here today and I can't wait.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    Alex Svenson:
    gone for good or just till the next shipment comes in?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    Once they sell out they will no longer be included in the sale. The stock that is currently on hand, allotted for this sale, is the extent of the stock that will be included, I assume is what he means.
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    Once they sell out they will no longer be included in the sale. The stock that is currently on hand, allotted for this sale, is the extent of the stock that will be included, I assume is what he means.
    Yes that is correct. However, we may Do this next year full time. Ten Singles buy one get one and 5 boxes for bedlam each month. Much smaller list but change up the selection each month. This sale has has been very popular which got us thinking. What say you guys?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    Yes that is correct. However, we may Do this next year full time. Ten Singles buy one get one and 5 boxes for bedlam each month. Much smaller list but change up the selection each month. This sale has has been very popular which got us thinking. What say you guys?
    I say do it. Just do it.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Any chance of getting some Nick's Sticks maduros????
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    Ya Alex heck of an idea. Better yet let me get you my bank account number so you can drain it directly. ;)
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    I love the idea! I put in one order already and I'm getting my next order together tonight. Your comment on the Oliveros has really got me thinking, I've never had one before. Thanks.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    bigharpoon:
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    I love the idea! I put in one order already and I'm getting my next order together tonight. Your comment on the Oliveros has really got me thinking, I've never had one before. Thanks.
    Ummmm do you take direct deposit?

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    This is an awesome idea. Damn shame I don't have a walk in, because with sales like these... well I could use one.
  • MephistoMephisto Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 508
    docbp87:
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    This is an awesome idea. Damn shame I don't have a walk in, because with sales like these... well I could use one.
    +1!
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    Great Deals keep coming...Alex I don't know if thats a good Idea you see I want a 73 Inch tv and your putting that off.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    I love the idea on the Buy 1/Get 1 singles and the boxes. My budget is VERY tight right now, but I still got to pick up 10 AWESOME singles from the sale without cashing in my entire month's worth of disposable income. It gives a great opportunity for me to mix getting some stand-bye sticks with trying some new ones.

For the box purchases, if you keep up the Bedlam it's likely to be how I finally break down and buy my first box.

Both are fantastic ideas.
    Same here... I've never bought a box before, but this sale is making it a real possibility. I think keeping the Bedlam going each month will cause many "first box" buyers come out of the woodwork. Definitely keep this going cause it's really great.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    My work was like " I know you all have been working extra hard all year and at Christmas with wage increases and bonus check we will make you all happy."

So I got $0.78 an hour raise and a bonus of $500. Guys who have been here less than 6 months got $1-3 dollar raise and $500-700 bonus.
    They said its so we are all on the same level. Now guys who I trained are making more than me an hour and got more money to blow on Christmas. I was hoping to get a box or two with that bonus, now it's not gonna happen.

sorry for the rant. I'm just p1ssed as h3ll.
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    Hell yea!!!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    anyone going for or had the Oliveros King Havano Oscuro?

I'd be interested to try them... maybe split if someone is interested...
    Alex Svenson:

Well..I pulled the trigger on the RP Sungrown and the Oliveros King Havana boxes. Actually, the girlfriend pulled the trigger as part of my Christmas gift. what a gal! And Alex, thanks for the recommendations!!
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    Mephisto:
    docbp87:
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    +1!
    2+ i like the way that this is sounding
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    smokeater187:
    Alex Svenson:
    Um, yeah, I'll be taking advantage of that if you do 5 boxes per month.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Sooooo the deals haven't changed since February?

Someone said something about it changing soon. The hold up had to do with doing inventory first from what I heard, but I don't know this for sure.