Home General Discussion

Celebratory Smoke

RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
So i should be getting my license on the 27th of this month after not having it for 18 months. Ill also be getting a new car since i sold mine when i lost my license. Im looking to all of you to help me decide which one of these to smoke out of the Holiday Sampler.

I have had the Armada and the ESG so its left to these three.
Tatuaje Black Label
Dirty Rat
Olivia V Maduro

Thanks for the Help in advance

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Olivia V Maduro
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Of those three? Oliva V Maduro. But I'd suggest Padron 1964 Maduro or Opus X as well.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    rwheelwright:
    Olivia V Maduro
    +1
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    wwhwang:
    Of those three? Oliva V Maduro. But I'd suggest Padron 1964 Maduro or Opus X as well.
    Ya only those three. Dont think i have that padron and my 2 opus X i think im gonna wait till i loose the 28lbs
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    The V is the only one of those cigars that doesn't currently need more age.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    v maduro is a great stick i would go with it also
  • suneet21suneet21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    I may have to dissent and say go with the Liga Privada. I agree with wwhwang to go with the Padron, but if you don't have one...the Liga Privada really isn't that far off. I've only had the T-52 before from a B&M and it was great...I'd imagine the Dirty Rat to be along the same lines. I'd save the Oliva V for a stressful day for when you are really looking to get knocked out by a cigar and have your knees wobble when you finally stand up.

How was the Armada and Ashton? i have the same sampler and those are the 2 I have not yet tried.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    suneet21:
    I may have to dissent and say go with the Liga Privada. I agree with wwhwang to go with the Padron, but if you don't have one...the Liga Privada really isn't that far off. I've only had the T-52 before from a B&M and it was great...I'd imagine the Dirty Rat to be along the same lines. I'd save the Oliva V for a stressful day for when you are really looking to get knocked out by a cigar and have your knees wobble when you finally stand up. How was the Armada and Ashton? i have the same sampler and those are the 2 I have not yet tried.
    The Armada is a great smoke Nice Spice flavor with Sweet and leather flavors that come out as it goes on. The Ashton i smoked like 3 months ago dont really remember it was good just cant remember much.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    suneet21:
    I'd save the Oliva V for a stressful day for when you are really looking to get knocked out by a cigar and have your knees wobble when you finally stand up.
    So, I've never had any of these 5 before, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I have had a regular Series V once and I loved it, so I'd imagine the maduro version is a fantastic smoke as well. But I have to agree with Suneet here. Save the V for a day when you really need to unwind.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    suneet21:
    I may have to dissent and say go with the Liga Privada. I agree with wwhwang to go with the Padron, but if you don't have one...the Liga Privada really isn't that far off. I've only had the T-52 before from a B&M and it was great...I'd imagine the Dirty Rat to be along the same lines. I'd save the Oliva V for a stressful day for when you are really looking to get knocked out by a cigar and have your knees wobble when you finally stand up. How was the Armada and Ashton? i have the same sampler and those are the 2 I have not yet tried.
    I have that same sampler and I am most anxious to smoke the Dirty Rat . I would imagine the Oliva V is more of a celebration cigar though.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    This would be my warped train of thought . I would smoke the "Dirty Rat" just to snub those dirty rats that took your license for 18 months !!! Ohhh ... youse...youse dirty rats ( in my best Cagny voice) .
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    The only reason I chose the V Maduro is that the Rat, in my opinion, needs age. Right now, for me, they are just not quite there. All of the elements are present, but they haven't meshed. That's why I didn't personally rate the rat as highly as the current T-52s. The rats need time to settle. They are just a little grungy right now, but with time will settle.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    V maddy. A great stick and even better depending on the year.
  • suneet21suneet21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Good to know...I will let it age for a bit then. How long do you think...3-6 months?