Home General Discussion

Opus X Pricing Info

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
Genetlemen I need some help gauging whether or not I can get a deal on a full box of Opus X or if the pricing I can get them for is too much (not from here). I need real info please, not guesses or "about this much"...I am looking at buying 1 full box of ONE of the following, I haven't decided which yet

Opus X robusto
Opus X Perfecxion #2

Thanks.

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    You will not be able to get a deal on here as good as you would through a B&M on these sticks. The difficulty will be in getting a full box. If you want, I could make a call to a manager at a B&M I go to on occasion an see if there is anything I can do...PM me if you want, as I dont want to hurt any rep's feelings or anything here as we all love the site.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    This isn't a how much you can get them for as much as info so you know what MSRP is.

Robusto (5 ¼" x 50) ............................... MSRP = $12.00 x 29 per box = $348.00
    Perfecxion No.2 (6 3/8" x 52) .................. MSRP = $15.00 x 29 per box = $435.00

The cheapest I found and paid for the #2 was $18 but that was at a local B&M. The cheapest I found them (but are out of stock) is $17.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    The robusto runs $13 a stick here at my B&M. They don't allow purchase of an entire box though so that's kind of out the window.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    why are the sticks so much more than msrp on cigar.com?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Christian_Sapp:
    Supply and demand...its not just here almost everywhere...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Christian_Sapp:
    Christian, C.Com adds a pricing statement on the product page that states due to the exclusivity of this cigar, and in order to make it more available to as many people as possible, there is a three stick limit, and I would guess the price will help to do this as well. I found that B&Ms have much better pricing, but will sell out in a very short time which means I was spending a lot of time shopping these. Buying them here ( or similar online retailers ), I spent a few dollars more, but saved a lot of time.
  • jhopephullejhopephulle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 29
    diamonddog u got pm
    Well after much flip flopping on vitola's and other things I settled on Perfection #2's...should have mid next week...
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    so i was at the local mall tonight which has a magazine shop with a walk-in. I went in to see what they had and came across these Opus X #4's only paid $11. wanted to confirm that this was a good deal and if i can i should grab more?

Photobucket
    Found this for MSRP, even though what you paid is higher than this msrp, I still think you'd be hard pressed to find that pice because on top of MSRP you would have any taxes on tobacco etc

1. "A" (9 ¼" x 47) ...................................... MSRP = $26.00 x 20 per box = $520.00 (released 1998)
    2. Double Corona (7 5/8" x 49) ................... MSRP = $16.00 x 32 per box = $512.00 (released 1995)
    3. Reserva D'Chateau (7" x 48) ................... MSRP = $14.00 x 32 per box = $448.00 (released 1995)
    4. Perfecxion No.2 (6 3/8" x 52) .................. MSRP = $15.00 x 29 per box = $435.00 (released 1995)
    5. Perfecxion X (6 ¼" x 48) ......................... MSRP = $13.00 x 32 per box = $416.00 (released 1998)
    6. Petit Lancero (6 ¼" x 39) ........................ MSRP = $11.00 x 32 per box = $352.00 (released 1995, changed to tapered head in late 1997)
    7. Double Robusto (5 ¾" x 52) .................... MSRP = $13.75 x 42 per box = $577.50 (released late 2007) not pictured yet
    8. Super Belicoso (5 5/8" x 52) .................... MSRP = $13.00 x 29 per box = $377.00 (released 1999)
    9. Fuente Fuente (5 5/8" x 46) ................... MSRP = $10.50 x 32 per box = $336.00 (released 1995)
    10. Robusto (5 ¼" x 50) ............................... MSRP = $12.00 x 29 per box = $348.00 (released 1995)
    11. Perfecxion No.4 (5 3/16" x 43) ................ MSRP = $9.75 x 42 per box = $409.50 (released 1998)
    12. Perfecxion No.5 (4 7/8" x 40) .................. MSRP = $9.00 x 42 per box = $378.00 (released 1995)
    13. xXx aka "Power Ranger" (4 5/8" x 49) ..... MSRP = $10.25 x 42 per box = $430.50 (released 1998)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Raschnuts, That is the best price I have ever seen on the #4. I think you got a great deal there.
    Here is a link to a review of an Opus X Perfecxion #2, if you scroll down, read through the comments and discussion on pricing...interesting read LINK
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Best price I found on a pwr ranger was like 580 or something like that. Of course it was out of stock and when it was in stock I was broke.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    B&Ms are definitely the only place you're going to find Fuente special releases anywhere near MSRP. There are a couple of store fronts that sell online also that have pretty good prices (Power Rangers for 13$), but they rarely have any stock.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    RaschNuts:
    so i was at the local mall tonight which has a magazine shop with a walk-in. I went in to see what they had and came across these Opus X #4's only paid $11. wanted to confirm that this was a good deal and if i can i should grab more?
    that right there is my favorite Vitola of OpusX.

i only have a 2 of those left. my B&M just got their shipment in and they didnt get in any No.4s
    BAH!!

that is a good deal.
  • jakevtjakevt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    I have terrible luck finding any at brick and morters plus my home state has the highest cigar tax rate.  So I hunt online for any reasonable opus x prices.  Any body that has good sources please shoot me a pm.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    One of my b&ms seems to always have tons in stock but there prices are outrageous. Even the most common viotolas are $30 plus.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    kuzi16:
    RaschNuts:
    that right there is my favorite Vitola of OpusX.

i only have a 2 of those left. my B&M just got their shipment in and they didnt get in any No.4s
    BAH!!

that is a good deal.
    PM to you
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I have never purchased Opus X smokes here in Houston. Prices are outrageous!! Each Opus is $25 and up to $35! Or Similar to ccom prices. Yes they are rare and limited quantities (i think), but I get them for a lot less.
    Here's a little blurb on this

Some of the pricing on the Opus is probably due to the fact that retailers are awarded with Opus accounts by Fuente. If a store does not have an Opus account they buy them from a store with an account for $14 a stick. However, when they take them back to sell at their store they still need to make a profit thus the markup to $25+. I have seen this as the case several times over.

Opus X isn’t supposed to be an expensive cigar. If you find places online that sell them for more than the MSRP, chances are they ARE NOT obtaining them from Fuente directly. Most likely, they are purchasing them at retail and marking them up. Fuente does not allow gouging on the Opus, if you get them from Fuente. Also, it’s not right to say that a store only gets an Opus acct after selling a ton of lower end Fuentes. We got our Opus acct shortly after getting a regular Fuente acct. We didn’t sell too much before that happened. But to be fair, this was over 10 years ago.