Home General Discussion

Gurkha guys

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
Help a brother out. What are these 2 sticks? no info on band so im stumped. Thanks guys.

Photobucket

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if it is a 6 x 52 then the one on the left is a Master select (i think)

the other could be as well but with a different year wrapper... not so sure though.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I might be wrong, but the one on the right looks like a Gurkha Gran Reserve (not the infused one). It's a connie version of the Master Select.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    So both master selects....one cony and one habano? sounds good to me, thanks Gurkha freaks!
  • CanadianCanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 54
    Send an email to Andy D. at ccom. He will tell you definitively.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Those are Regents and not Master's Select IMO
    Doesnt a regent have the name on the band though?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    jsnake:
    No way man. The Regent is a boxpressed stick.
    And the bands are different.

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    stephen_hannibal:
    jsnake:
    No way man. The Regent is a boxpressed stick.
    And the bands are different.

You are correct and the band would be a different color. Regents have green in them. They could be Master's Select but what I was thinking they are that I confused Regent with is escaping me right now.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    What are the exact vitola's? Haven't had a Master Select yet, but love me some Gran Reserve!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    They look to both be Master Select 1 connecticut and 1 Habano, of course Gurkha has tons of lines, but that is what it looks like off hand without vitola.
    ShotgunJohn:
    They look to both be Master Select 1 connecticut and 1 Habano, of course Gurkha has tons of lines, but that is what it looks like off hand without vitola.
    Agreed.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the master select in habano only comes in 1 of two perfecto sizes on cigar.com....
    if i remember correctly though there are other vitolas.

ive been looking around online and a few places claim that there is no connecticut version of the master select, just a habano and a maduro. some dont show a maduro.

all this could be solved by not having 90+ lines of cigars all under the same brand.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    I have no idea but this would make a great contest. We could post our unknowns for a chance to win ??? or just for the fun of it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    the lighter shade is a grand reserve as mentioned above, the other could be a doble maduro or a maduro version of the grand reserve. There were only a few of the gurkhas that had these bands and had a dark wrapper. I wasn't aware of a maduro grand reserve that wasn't infused but I would be this one is or the doble maduro.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I would make a guess and say the left is a master select. I have one of those left but in the XO size (6X60)
    phobicsquirrel:
    the lighter shade is a grand reserve as mentioned above, the other could be a doble maduro or a maduro version of the grand reserve. There were only a few of the gurkhas that had these bands and had a dark wrapper. I wasn't aware of a maduro grand reserve that wasn't infused but I would be this one is or the doble maduro.
    Doble Maduro has a band on it that says "Doble Maduro". And the one on the right would be a Master Select Gran(no d) Reserve. The Grand(with d) Reserve is the infused stick. CI offers the Master Select in a toro size (robusto #4).
    phobicsquirrel:

Nope, I do have a double maduro and it does have a band that said this. I like the master select in both rapper idea.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    firetruckguy:
    phobicsquirrel:

Nope, I do have a double maduro and it does have a band that said this. I like the master select in both rapper idea.
    yes, some do have the label but the one's I have do not. The master select, dlb maduro, grand reserve, centurian, beauty, beast (maybe missing a couple) at one time all had no label but the gurkha name.