Home General Discussion

Dominican republic trip

sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
a friend of mine is visiting the Dominican republic over christmas and would like some cigar info, so i said id ask the knowledgeable guys on this forum.

he is staying in this hotel........ http://www.majestic-resorts.com/en/M15/Hotel-Majestic-Colonial-Punta-Cana/Bars.aspx ........ which is in Punta Cana.

he has found this cigar factory.......... http://www.domenicocigars.com/cigars.html ...........but ive never heard of that brand and i cant find any reviews on the Internet about there quality.

any info about that brand or a better place to visit would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
sol

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I was down in Oct and the condo I stayed at the property manager asked me to try one of these...it was definately not a cigar for me very mild, there was no point in me smoking it after a few minutes so I tossed it, that being said I smoke Diesels and MOW's for breakfast so probably not the best opinion for something mild like this...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I would love to have one of those 5x79 ones though. At that point it's not about flavor it's about commitment.

• cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I went to Don Lucas no factory tour unless you set up well in advance. He himself will pick you up from your motel and drive you back to his house which is a cigar shop, lounge, and he was just getting into a coffee line with someone. Great Guy, great ideas, a joy to talk to. He will give you a smoke and his own congnac. I ended up buying 2 boxes from him. very nice cigars earthy and a clean finish.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    From what I've heard, Domenico Cigars is a tourist trap. Garbage cigars and overpriced. I'd say go with a name you know in the DR. Cohiba, Fuente, RyJ.....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    many respectable cigar factories will have tours but few of them will open the doors unless prearranged.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    cheers guys, hes not a regular cigar smoker, just fancys something when hes out there as a holiday smoke.