Home General Discussion

Chicago Customs Seize 100,000 Cuban Cigars

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
If you ordered any Cubans from Brazil and live in Chicago...chances are you're not getting your sticks...
Link

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Krieg:
    If you ordered any Cubans from Switzerland and live in Chicago...chances are you're not getting your sticks...
    Link
    > Folks here in Chicago need to make friends with some Canadians.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    All the bomb parts, drugs, weapons and other contraband that gets past customs everyday and they catch ......... cigars. Bang up job. Keep up the good work, guys.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Hope they had a guarantee on the stogies LOL
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Anybody else kiiiiiinda wishing they worked for Chicago Customs when they read that article??? lol
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Krieg:
    If you ordered any Cubans from Brazil and live in Chicago...chances are you're not getting your sticks...
    Link

I posted this Video on Facebook the day it happened..... I have some freinds that have been buying Cubans from those places for a long time and they get about 3 packages a years siezed...... from Switzerland , and from Canada.. they recieve a card from Homeland security that there Cigars have been confiscated......
    Im sure the Chicago MOB will be smoking good for a LONG TIME they are so conected in the Police deprtment Im sure they will get a lot of them! LOL Calling all Chicago Mafia Buddies..........
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    putting in my resume as we speak (not for chi-town tho)
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Hays:
    Anybody else kiiiiiinda wishing they worked for Chicago Customs when they read that article??? lol
    Supervisor: "Find anything?
    Me: "Nope, not a thing"
    Supervisor: "Hey, what's all those boxes in your truck?"
    Me: "Nothing, just stuff to take and incenerate..."
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    lilwing88:
    All the bomb parts, drugs, weapons and other contraband that gets past customs everyday and they catch ......... cigars. Bang up job. Keep up the good work, guys.
    Not trying to hijack this one, but this post has brought up something I have been thinking about a lot lately.

If all these security experts can use bomb sniffing equipment technology, and drug and bomb sniffing dogs, why are people being asked to go through those full body scanners? There are a lot of connected people in the security industry who are making a LOT of money off all these scare tactics. I would rather walk by a dog, or through "sniffers" then a body scanner, it seems like overkill, not to mention expensive!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    What's wrong with you people!! It's both illegal and unamerican to buy contraband from a communist country. I for one want to help remedy this and do both my civic and patriotic duty by burning these terrible things so they dont pollute our society. Long Live America!! Burn Cuban Cigars!! Who's with me my countrymen?!?!?!
    laker1963:
    lilwing88:
    Not trying to hijack this one, but this post has brought up something I have been thinking about a lot lately.

If all these security experts can use bomb sniffing equipment technology, and drug and bomb sniffing dogs, why are people being asked to go through those full body scanners? There are a lot of connected people in the security industry who are making a LOT of money off all these scare tactics. I would rather walk by a dog, or through "sniffers" then a body scanner, it seems like overkill, not to mention expensive!
    It's funny you mention this. This tactic was brought up as an option at O'Hare Airport. But good ol' Mayor Richie Daley won't have a bunch of dogs standing around scaring the good citizens. I have traveled to a few countries around the globe and am shocked at the level of security they have at their airports. Military-like personal with MP 5s and German Shepherds patrolling the terminals are standard at most international airports. O'Hare is easily one of the busiest airports in the world, but one of the most corrupt and ineffectual local governments in the world runs the show.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Jetmech_63:
    What's wrong with you people!! It's both illegal and unamerican to buy contraband from a communist country. I for one want to help remedy this and do both my civic and patriotic duty by burning these terrible things so they dont pollute our society. Long Live America!! Burn Cuban Cigars!! Who's with me my countrymen?!?!?!
    Yeah you can get stuffed. LOL.

This is what I was talking about, by the way, a while back in a Christmas thread. The internet has basically been freaking out for a month now about these confiscations. There are a few sources that have not yet been picked on though.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Jetmech_63:
    Burn them while smoking them? lol
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    lilwing88:
    Hey 'wing - arent you a cop? In Chicago?

Get down there, pull rank on them sucka fools, and HOOK SOME BROTHERS UP would ya already??? LOL

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Diamondog:
    Jetmech_63:
    That's my theory...burn down communism one cigar at a time.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    Jetmech_63:
    That's my theory...burn down communism one cigar at a time.

You probably couldnt.....but id sure as hell like to try :)
    gdsim1:
    lilwing88:
    Hey 'wing - arent you a cop? In Chicago?

Get down there, pull rank on them sucka fools, and HOOK SOME BROTHERS UP would ya already??? LOL

If I were a customs agent at O'Hare, it wouldn't even be funny how many CCs would be stuffed into my closet right now..... I would bet money that a pallet or two of those bad boys went missing. Every fed employee at O'Hare is gonna have a sweet Christmas bonus this year!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Can't believe they are going to destory them!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    JCizzle:
    Can't believe they are going to destory them!
    Oh they will get destroyed alright... in a series of small fires.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I learned a little thing in kindergarden called sharing, this would be a good time to practice it.
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    if it were me working with chicago customs.. we would have found 99900.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Yup this seizure is just in time for Christmas and New Year Celebrations. We all know they will be destroyed one by one.