Home General Discussion

smoke filtration systems

glleonglleon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
Does anyone out there have a smoke filtration/elimination system that works in a small (under 200 sq. ft.) office? I live in a cold climate and don't get to smoke much for most of the year.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if you search for "air purifier" then you should find a few threads about this.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I use the ionic type air cleaners, they do a good job for me
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    zoom6zoom:
    I use the ionic type air cleaners, they do a good job for me
    +1 plus you do not have to buy new filters just clean the system and you are good to good. They are a little pricy but you are only buying the unit one time.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    You can add a bathroom vent system for short money.
    cooch36:
    OK cooch got called out on this, how extensive is the eletrick ;) on this ? I don't wanna get shocked!
    very simple I jumped from an outlet to switch then to the unit. VERY easy!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    cooch36:
    id find a way to screw it up...
    kuzi16:
    cooch36:
    id find a way to screw it up...
    Ya +1 on that. Guess I'm waiting for my dad to come to town.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    OK cooch got called out on this, how extensive is the eletrick ;) on this ? I don't wanna get shocked!
    yeah its nothing you can just tape off the top of a outlet throw a switch in . A hole in the ceiling or wall and your done a afternoons worth of work
    jship079:
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    yeah its nothing you can just tape off the top of a outlet throw a switch in . A hole in the ceiling or wall and your done a afternoons worth of work
    The old fork in the outlet might work right?
    Sandman1am:
    jship079:
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    I actually put a electical staple in the outlet with linemen plyers to trip the breaker...It's a never miss!
    cooch36:
    Sandman1am:
    jship079:
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    I actually put a electical staple in the outlet with linemen plyers to trip the breaker...It's a never miss!
    I don't know what any of that stuff is! LOL
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    Sandman1am:
    jship079:
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    Funny thing is I just looked that stuff up and I have all of it in my basement thanks to my dad. That is where we are very much different, he is super handy and can fix or build just about anything. Me I need very detailed directions or someone to show me 1st.

Come to think about it I was on the phone last night with my dad for about an hour discussing this and then remembered I had a small electrical problem that he helped me fix in a few minutes.
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    Sandman1am:
    jship079:
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    Electrical staples are the staples that hold up the wire to a rafter or to a stud to keep it in place usually has a blue like strap on it to sheild it from damage from when putting it on wire. The plyers are heavy duty plyers that have a rubber coat on the grips to shield you from electricity running up the plyers and shoking you. Its not the smartest way to blow a breaker because there is an element of danger. But we all live on the edge somehow.