Home General Discussion

opus xxx belicoso power ranger?

martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
are these worth 13 a piece?

Comments

• martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    never had an opus. and hesitant to drop the cash but obviously i've seen them go for a Lot more than that...
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Oh Helllllllllll yes. 13$ a piece is a perfect price for the Power Ranger. Go for it. Make sure it gets ample age though, like a year or so.
    much appreciated. yeah i figured i'd age them quite a while. got 5.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    yeah, 13 is msrp, so that's about as cheap as you'll most likely find them. Check the wrapper because that's the easiest way to tell how the crop was. A few years ago (07 or 08) it was a beautiful rosado color, and the following crop was considerably lighter - almost a tad darker than a connie. I found the darker wrapper definitely had more flavor. I think I remember this year's crop looking pretty good.
    now are they pretty comparable to the Diamond Crown Maximus cigars? because i really enjoyed them...
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    martymcg43:
    Wish I could find some that cheap!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    martymcg43:
    Found these at around the same price too and am awaiting a response back regarding whether they have'em in stock. Crazy how I ran into this thread, thought about buying 10 and letting them sit for a year or so...man, I need to stop spending my hunting money lol Wife will kill me if I keep this up!
    pm to you nick... yeah i need to stop spending my christmas shopping money on cigars... oh well.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Retail for Opus is cheap compared to how good the cigar is. You could easily spend 13 on a cigar half as good! Good purchase enjoy. I bought a bakers dozen over a course of a week this summer as to not look greedy. I've had two. I'm calling every couple of days lately for the new allotment to come out!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Rob1110:
    yeah, 13 is msrp, so that's about as cheap as you'll most likely find them. Check the wrapper because that's the easiest way to tell how the crop was. A few years ago (07 or 08) it was a beautiful rosado color, and the following crop was considerably lighter - almost a tad darker than a connie. I found the darker wrapper definitely had more flavor. I think I remember this year's crop looking pretty good.
    ive got one from 06 in the humi. its even darker than the 07 or the 08. the 06 release is the best crop that i have had to date. i have one left.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I need to get back to my B&M and see if they have the Power Ranger in. That's one size I haven't tried yet. Need to pick up a few Opus anyway.