Home General Discussion

I've been enjoying cigars seriously for about a year now...

shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
And I am wondering what blend recommendations people here on the forum may have... I am going to put down a list of some of my favorite cigars that I've tried over the past year and any pointers in the right direction of similar cigars would be appreciated. Here is my list:

Gurkha Centurion (Perfecto)
NUB Connies (Any size)
CAO Brazilia (Any size)
CAO La Traviata (Divino)
Arturo Fuente Sun Grown (Chateau Fuente)
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Series (Short Story)
Tatuaje Havana VI (Nobles)
SCCC (#4)
Nica Libre (Any Size)
Ashton Classic (Torp Size)
Ashton VSG (Tres Mystique)

Obviously, I enjoy Opus X as well however that is definitely on the high side of my budget. Let me know what your recommendations might be. I am actually looking to compile a list of some cigars to gift myself for Christmas. Thank you.

Comments

• sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    Have you tried the man o war blends?
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    No but that is one line that I am very interested in. Any vitola recommendation? I just assume and start with the original MOW line.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Pick up the Diesel sampler... you can thank me later...
    shamrocked:
    No but that is one line that I am very interested in. Any vitola recommendation? I just assume and start with the original MOW line.
    They are all awsome, talk to a rep and see if they can hook you up;)
    Ill second the desil sampler, ive not tryed the unlimitted yet, got a few on the way, but the uc and shorty are awsome.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    sol1821:
    shamrocked:
    Ill second the desil sampler, ive not tryed the unlimitted yet, got a few on the way, but the uc and shorty are awsome.
    Had my first Unlimited last night... yeah, I'm a fan...
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Try out the San Lotano lines. Try aren't advertised (because it's supposed to be a B&M exclusive, even though I've yet to see a B&M here carry them), but the CCom reps will definitely hook you up.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    robbyras:
    Pick up the Diesel sampler... you can thank me later...
    1+
    robbyras:
    sol1821:
    shamrocked:
    Had my first Unlimited last night... yeah, I'm a fan...
    I cant wait to give one a go, i cant smoke one rott as its about 2weeks to get to me so it needs a rest :(
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Looks like you're doing quite well. I second the Man of War suggestion. If you haven't tried them yet, and need something that won't break the bank, Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Another favorite for me is the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, also reasonably priced, and for Maduro's I love Perdomo Reserve Oscuro.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    I would like to suggest the 262 Paradigm, or anything by Comacho or Alec Bradley.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    LFD air bender. fuller body than you seem to smoke but it shouldnt bee too much of a problem.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    LFD air bender. fuller body than you seem to smoke but it shouldnt bee too much of a problem.

This Airbender is a really good one!

Others
    You seem to like Ashton, so I would give their Cabinet line a shot - a little spendy but worth it.

Really spendy is the GOF line

For a poor mans ashton I would try the JDN Antano 1970 line - Ive only had the Gran Consul, but it reminded me a lot of the VSG.

• jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    My suggestion is that you just start buying a hell of a lot of samplers! The good thing about such a great fourm as this is they will always find a good home. So you wont lose any money because you can always trade or bomb the stars out of some one.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    I don't see any Rocky Patel on your list, he's one of my favs. In particular the 1992, The Olde World Reserve and the Double Maduro. I also like the Oliva O Maduro.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    If you liked the NUB Connie, you would probably REALLY like the Oliva Connecticut Reserve as well - tons of nice thick smoke, super creamy. Great morning stick...

Gotta run fellas, I just gave myself a craving! :-)

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Nub Connie's a great smoke, but a little too short; RP Connecticut and like The Sniper said, Oliva Conn. Reserve, are a better bang for the buck IMO
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Agree with Sniper! And if ya like those, also try the MoW Virtue. Great smoke!
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    thanks for all of the input. i was too busy this weekend to even make it online and check the post i started. seems like the diesel and the mow are the favorites. i'll def keep them all in mind and hopefully i'll be able to place my order before the free shipping is over! i was waiting until the next pay day but they may have to change. thanks once again.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    any thing 5 vegas is great also i think the nub cameron is best nub so try it