Home General Discussion

Armada ring gauge difference...

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
so I got my Armadas from the COTM deal and one of them is a different ring gauge than the others... they are all supposed to be 6.5x56 but one almost feels like a 60... it is clearly thicker than the other 2... anyone else notice anything like this?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    molds for cigars are made at different times by different people. there is almost always a bit of variation in them making some rings look bigger or smaller than what the catalog says.
    usually it isnt much more than 2 in either direction...
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    robbyras:
    so I got my Armadas from the COTM deal and one of them is a different ring gauge than the others... they are all supposed to be 6.5x56 but one almost feels like a 60... it is clearly thicker than the other 2... anyone else notice anything like this?
    I think the real issue is that its not in My humi. I love 60s
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    PsychoSJG:
    robbyras:
    I think the real issue is that its not in My humi. I love 60s
    HA! I'm not a 60 guy, but i'm sure i can make it work...
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Maybe you got one intended for the Warchest...
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Diamondog:
    did the warchest have ardmas i thought it had maduros?
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    just took a closer look at mine that i too got today...they all look the same size..had to bust one out the cello and give it a wiff and all i can say is i cant wait to try these things...im gonna let them rest and try the first on in a couple months
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Christian_Sapp:
    Diamondog:
    did the warchest have ardmas i thought it had maduros?
    The Warchest has Maduro's, not Armada's. They are a different blend and wrapper.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    robbyras:
    Send it my way ill inspect it for you if you want lol
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    I had one last night...it had ample rest and it did AMPLE damage. That stik was nice! It kicked a bit too--toward the end. It was a lot fuller bodied than I had anticipated. A very nice smoke.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Hawk55:
    I had one last night...it had ample rest and it did AMPLE damage. That stik was nice! It kicked a bit too--toward the end. It was a lot fuller bodied than I had anticipated. A very nice smoke.
    Haven't these only been available for like a month? How did it have AMPLE rest?