Home Cigar 101

air purifier

millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
hey brotha's Im thinking of purchasing an air purifier, does anyone have any suggs, or perhaps an extra one i might buy off of or trade cigars for... thanks have a grt nite stav

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I've actually been toying with this idea as well. Are air purifiers worth it or are they a waste of time and money?
  • millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
    im trying to figure out the same thing, i heard the charcoal are pretty good, but i really have no clue....about if they work, which one.....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    my father in law has one. i can still tell he smokes in his apartment but it isnt overwhelming in there. im not sure on the brand though.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Look for one with 5-pin ionizer if possible. It's been awhile since I looked into this subject, you can spend from $25 - $400, which works out to: from waste of money because it's no good, to waste of money because you paid $275 for status markings, + $125 for good purifier. Happy hunting.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Ozone works well as well as activated carbon filters both can be made cheaply and easily at home with a little research. I suggest Carbon as too much ozone in an air can cause minor health issues. Carbon is great I have a one I built from insturctions online and I run it for about 45 mins to an hour after I'm done smoking and you can hardly tell I was smoking the smell is completely gone by morning. Fun Fact 10 grams of activated carbon has the same surface area of a football field.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Fun Fact 10 grams of activated carbon has the same surface area of a football field.
    how the heck does one figure that out?

crazy
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Ozone works well as well as activated carbon filters both can be made cheaply and easily at home with a little research. I suggest Carbon as too much ozone in an air can cause minor health issues. Carbon is great I have a one I built from insturctions online and I run it for about 45 mins to an hour after I'm done smoking and you can hardly tell I was smoking the smell is completely gone by morning. Fun Fact 10 grams of activated carbon has the same surface area of a football field.
    hey andrew what site did you find the instructions on and how much did it cost you to make it?
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Christian_Sapp:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    hey andrew what site did you find the instructions on and how much did it cost you to make it?

Yeah, I'd be interested in knowing the answer to that as well....

Marty