Home Non Cigar Related

Phrases we hate to hear

Comments

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Everytime I hear the word "webinar" I get angry.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    "I know my rights!"....... No. Actually, you don't.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    "Tax cuts for the rich"...

First of all, they are NOT tax cuts. They have been in place since 2001.. If they expire they will be tax INCREASES..
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    "My taxes pay your salary..." I heard this quite a bit in California while I was in the Army. I'm guessing police hear it a lot more, though.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    wwhwang:
    "My taxes pay your salary..." I heard this quite a bit in California while I was in the Army. I'm guessing police hear it a lot more, though.
    Wwhwang I heard it in the Army. If you ever feel like responding back ask them does that make you your own boss because you pay taxes too?
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    the customer is always right. BS no you arent....
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    ellinas:
    the customer is always right. BS no you arent....
    +100 to that dude.
    wwhwang:
    My answer to that is my own question: "Do you own or rent?"

If they rent, then they DON'T pay my salary. My salary comes from property taxes. I tell them to take it up with their landlord. LOL!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Wing, you're a cop??? In Chicago???

"Seriously?", "Are you serious?" and "You can't be serious"

Yes, yes I can be serious.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    cabinetmaker:
    "Seriously?", "Are you serious?" and "You can't be serious"

Yes, yes I can be serious.
    Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
    The Sniper:

Unfortunately.....
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    simmer down..... good way to get punched in the face
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    As a cancer survivor I hate to hear the snapping of the gloves and, "Just bend over the examining table!"
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    "You're so closed minded"

I'm not close-minded jackass, I just don't agree with you!! Ever think that I hold my opinion for a reason, not just to piss you off? It drives me nuts when someone uses that tag line to dismiss someone else's opinion just because they don't want to properly address the idea or don't have a proper argument to refute it.
    lilwing88:
    The Sniper:

Unfortunately.....
    Wow, I had no idea! You guys have the most thankless job ever - so let me just say YOU ARE APPRECIATED, and thanks for all you do man!

"I didnt say that!" Yeah, but you insinuated it, danced around it, found 15 different ways to say it without actually saying it straight out like a man and owning it! Usually just to start, prolong, or draw someone into an argument. And then as soon as someone calls you on the BS, you jump up and start screaming "I didnt say that! Not what I said!"

Seems to be a favorite tactic on the politically themed threads under the Non-cigar Related threads here....

• bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    bigharpoon:
    Irregardless

No such word. It's "regardless" every time, in every context. It may be picky but it bugs me some wicked awful!
    ///abvolutely bugs me also, now that my english major wife pointed it out to me :) the related one is 'in regard(s) to' as there is no 's' ....'in regard to' unfortunately inappropriate use of words allows/encourages people who know, to judge others' intellegence, rightly or wrongly
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    wwhwang:
    Whenever I heard that, my immediate response was, "That's great! May I have a raise?" Then I wrote the ticket!

• Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    "At the end of the day...." I hate that phrase. Like it all boils down to this...
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    "its neither here nor there"
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    And the Patriots have won the toss...... ( you would understand if you were a Colt fan ) LOL !!!
    "in the nosebleed" that phrase just drives me crazy no idea why but it does..
    "You're right, but..."

Right is right. There shouldn't BE any "but".

" Well , I looked on Kelly Bluebook and my cars worth a LOT more than that !!! ".

Really !? Well . I've made a living doing this for 20 years. I trade for anywhere from 1 to 6 or more cars a day while you trade cars an average of every 3.7 years. I also go to the auto auctions almost every month and watch the online auctions to buy cars like yours from as well . I have certified mechanics who have told me everything wrong with your car even though you say " its never spent a day in the shop " ... that probably explains why it needs so much work done to it before I could attempt to re-sell it. Oh , and by the way , Carfax has 2 reported accidents , and even though you bought it brand new , neither you nor your wife can remember ever being in an accident ( perhaps amnesia from bumping your heads ? ) As soon as you regain your memory maybe you can think of the idiot that painted it for you ... with what looks like a paintbrush done by a drunken monkey !!! All those door-dings and scratches from end to end ? Noooo0 , all cars dont have those , the new one your buying from me does not have a one. Your feigned look of being appalled when I ask you how long your power windows/power door locks/sliding sunroof/air conditioner/heater/CD Player/etc etc have not been working is priceless. Ohhhh , I see , it must have torn up while you were driving here . Yes yes yes , of course I believe you . And even though just this month I've bought 5 cars identical to yours at the auction with LESS miles , and paid an average of what I am actually offering you , I would be honored if YOU would allow ME to give you an extra $ 5,000.00 on top of this and throw in free warranty and maintenance on top of this. And of course I'm not going to hold the fact that you cursed my salesperson and spent 10 minutes telling me how great the dealership down the road is and how well they treated you ( I can't imagine how you ever tore yourself away from there ) and what a sh_ithead that everyone at my dealership is and that no one in your family going back to your grandpa ...or was it your great-grandpa ? could never trade at our dealership because we were just plain crazy , that doesn't bother me at ALL !!!
    let's get our ducks in a row. or the over used excuse "i have a lot on my plate right now". and the one i know that we all hate "we're going to have to let you go"
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Hey, gmill, tell us how you really feel. :-D
    Hahaha JCizzle it just feels good to vent sometimes !
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I hear ya, brother!
    Q: "How much can you come down on your price?"

A: "How much do you want me to leave off your cabinets?"