Home General Discussion

Ploom: new high tech tobacco pipe, for cigar smokers?

2»

Comments

• LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    It still seems like semantics to me, but we also seem to have different experience and views based on them. No harm in that and I'm sorry for derailing the nice salesman hawking his goods on another company's website.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    LeftFive:
    It still seems like semantics to me, but we also seem to have different experience and views based on them.
    True; seems most of our disagreement just comes from our different experiences.
    LeftFive:
    No harm in that and I'm sorry for derailing the nice salesman hawking his goods on another company's website.
    rofl
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I got in a sample today, Going to give them a shot this weekend.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Fourtotheflush:
    I got mine today too. Not the best pipe tobac ive had, but it was still pretty good. I surprisingly really liked the Rocket (cinnamon). Goes a decent time, and the vapor is fun to play with. No smoke of course, but the smell sticks around like a scented candle. Ill make a note to all if it lingers like smoke, but it think it's already going away an hour later. Deff will never replace a cigar, but it is something fun when you cant go outside with a nice stick. And this my surgery is next week, i wont be having a stick for a while, and I'll become good friends with this Ploom.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    PsychoSJG:
    Fourtotheflush:
    I got mine today too. Not the best pipe tobac ive had, but it was still pretty good. I surprisingly really liked the Rocket (cinnamon). Goes a decent time, and the vapor is fun to play with. No smoke of course, but the smell sticks around like a scented candle. Ill make a note to all if it lingers like smoke, but it think it's already going away an hour later. Deff will never replace a cigar, but it is something fun when you cant go outside with a nice stick. And this my surgery is next week, i wont be having a stick for a while, and I'll become good friends with this Ploom.
    I tired the gold - thinking it would be a mild like a CT. So I didnt get any nicotine at all (yeah, I didnt go check out the website, so Im sure there isnt any....). The flavor was intense, not tobacco intense, but more botanical intense. Im thinking yeah this is aimed at hookah and Acid cigar smokers. I havent had either, but the flavor was really floral. I really didnt like it, but thats just me. I have three more types to try in the sample I was sent. The Gold, A Rocket, a Java and another one. So far its a neat concept, but I dont see it ever replacing cigars.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I got my sample in, tried one with a day to a week in between to straighten out my taste buds. I needed a week after trying rocket and gold. Rocket tasted like I was smoking paint thinner, it was just horrible. Gold was bad too, but not as bad. Cafe noir was ok, coffee and some bitterness. Interestingly enough, the bitterness went away when I stopped pairing it coffee...? Naked I'm trying as I type this. Pretty bland. To be fair, the rocket flavor is still poluting the pipe, I get hints of it no matter what i cram in it. Naked is the best of the bunch, but I still would rather smoke a cigar. Hell, I'd rather smoke a cigarrette than these things. If given a choice between lung cancer or having to smoke rocket for the rest of my life - give me the lung cancer, I'd suffer less.