Home General Discussion

Just installed ventalation in man cave!

cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
Took three hrs to install ventalation in man cave including clean up and vacuum. Installed 110 cfm quiet bathroom vent. Will give report of is affectiveness. Half way through a MOW. Currantly no smoke or next to non at ceilling. I also install a time release fragrant to cover up odor. Will be able to give better Idea of result tonight or tommorrow. Just set up room two wks ago and first smoke with no vent had two foot cloud at ceilling. Smell lingered for a couple days not desired.

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    very interested...pics?
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    will post pic's but nothing much to show just a flat vent through drop ceilling flush mounted. straight shot out about 20 ft Ideal. Went outside really good airflow. Happy so far.
    two hrs after smoking and very little lingering smell. I've been smoking down there every three days so smell doesn't seem to be building. But this has been best system by fare for keeping smell down to justify smoking inside! Not to mention have full surround system and video games.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Nice! Do you have any windows in there as well, with a window fan? I've found that the window fans help quite a bit, although I'm sure it would get pretty cold in the winter.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Hey this is not a bad idea. I think I might try something like this. It shouldn't be too hard considering not all of my drop down tiles are in place yet. Thanks for sharing and the idea.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I want a man cave with an air vent.... :-(
    No windows in this part of basement. there is a fireplace that I can open flue to get air flow but I really don't think its needed. Went down this morning and all is pretty nice no stale almost no smoke smell that I can find or well covered up by fragrent. Next funding dependent is a 80-100 inch overhead projection hopefully first of yr. Been working on girlfriend for a month first told her 80 inch and she said that is too big so I stepped it up to 100 and she now feels an 80 would be more app. :)
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    Nice job! Right on bro! Thanks for the report on how the bathroom fans working.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    That's awesome, I thought installing a bathroom fan when i do my cigar room, just didn't know if it was gonna be strong enough, how loud is it?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Might I also suggest......these

They last a looooong time and smell awesome.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    lilwing88:

Those are looking awesome!

The Cank:
    I want a man cave with an air vent.... :-(
    Come over anytime once I get mine set up Brett.
    cooch36:
    No windows in this part of basement. there is a fireplace that I can open flue to get air flow but I really don't think its needed. Went down this morning and all is pretty nice no stale almost no smoke smell that I can find or well covered up by fragrent. Next funding dependent is a 80-100 inch overhead projection hopefully first of yr. Been working on girlfriend for a month first told her 80 inch and she said that is too big so I stepped it up to 100 and she now feels an 80 would be more app. :)
    I say always go bigger and then you can send in a counter offer that is more of what you were thinking. Sounds like a nice place to hangout.
    lilwing88:

Thanks for the link Marty. Looking forward to trying some of these out.
  • ctremblay187ctremblay187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 122
    Finally someone else from ct lol.....glad to hear the project went well brother I tooo want a man cave lol maybe moving out wouod be a good first step lol
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Awesome. Among my many goals once I finish up school and start making decent money again is building a man-cave with ventilation/filtration to be able to smoke when I want and be able to do things indors at the same time.
    ty everyone. Sound is very low its the quietest one form HD that they carrie I could have looked harder but this really fit the bill and with it right above us still watch (listen) to tv w no prob. About to attack room with a tempest and my girl is going to add a flavored to give a one two punch. :)
    Well its been two wks and ventalation is doing very well room smells great no cigar linger. VERY pleased!
    Are you having any problem with cold air coming in when the fan is not on?
    dot that I notice there is a flap at exterior of house and one at exhuast vent unit . Im sure there maybe some but not that I notice. ceiling hight is only 7 feet and its mounted right above where I sit.
    cooch36:
    dot that I notice there is a flap at exterior of house and one at exhuast vent unit . Im sure there maybe some but not that I notice. ceiling hight is only 7 feet and its mounted right above where I sit.
    You might have mentioned this last time but I tend to be forgetful. Thanks I think I might try this.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    u gone post any pics??
    Krieg:
    u gone post any pics??
    +1 I am a visual learner.
    first pic is ceiling fan just above coffee table infront of couch. close up, exhaust line and exterior cap and it looks open because I had fan on so you could see how much it opened when on. The room needs new ceiling tiles and carpet and something over paneled walls Its been left alone as a storage room for eleven yrs till the cave was open.
    Nicely done....now to get my groove on! BTW which cabinet is that? Is it working out for you?
    its from primium humidors they suck do not buy from them cab is good hard time getting top and bottem the same thre are 8 drawers in middle and that makes humidity balancing tough! But that makes it a callange
    cooch36:
    its from primium humidors they suck do not buy from them cab is good hard time getting top and bottem the same thre are 8 drawers in middle and that makes humidity balancing tough! But that makes it a callange
    I was wondering about the air flow on the towers if they had drawers. I was also talking to Tat today just about towers in general and if the humi and temp would be different from the top to the bottom. How to keep the air circulating and the RH/temp consistent throughout. Not to hijack your thread but was just curious as to how that all works and would an end table or shorter wider cabinet work better?
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    I was wondering about the air flow on the towers if they had drawers. I was also talking to Tat today just about towers in general and if the humi and temp would be different from the top to the bottom. How to keep the air circulating and the RH/temp consistent throughout. Not to hijack your thread but was just curious as to how that all works and would an end table or shorter wider cabinet work better?
    I'm finding temp fine but humidity very diff. top to bottom. I need to maintain more I think if it was more open. I've use a fan at bottom to move air up but it seams to dry out the bottom and cause humi to run more which actually makes it over humid. I'm in a season change like everyone else so its time to figure out the best methods to introduce humidity. I think looking back i would have goon with beads instead of the automated system because I seam to be spending way to much time monidtoring it!
    cooch36:
    Sandman1am:
    cooch36:
    I'm finding temp fine but humidity very diff. top to bottom. I need to maintain more I think if it was more open. I've use a fan at bottom to move air up but it seams to dry out the bottom and cause humi to run more which actually makes it over humid. I'm in a season change like everyone else so its time to figure out the best methods to introduce humidity. I think looking back i would have goon with beads instead of the automated system because I seam to be spending way to much time monidtoring it!
    What humi system are you running and beads are great but they are not the end all be all answer to everything. There still needs to be some air flow...which seems to be the problems???