Home General Discussion

Smoking in the Cold

JohnnySlicksterJohnnySlickster Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
So Winter is here again, and its getting cold up here in Northern Cali...at least at night. I wonder, how do you guys cope with smoking in the cold? Any secrets? I like to smoke in the evening but it gets dark earlier now and by the time I get home its freezing...I just wish I had a personal smoking room sometimes lol

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    catalytic heater mounted to a propane tank in the garage with the doors open. that's how i roll
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    You could get a directional space heater and set it up in the garage. That or smoke smaller cigars.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    i hate the cold so i dont smoke outside during the winter which pretty much means my cigar smoking drops off rapidly in the winter
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    The Cank:
    i hate the cold so i dont smoke outside during the winter which pretty much means my cigar smoking drops off rapidly in the winter
    same here, or I go up to my local cigar bar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i hit up the local B&M more often. if its above 32 but ill go to the attic. if its above 45 ill make a fire. if its 60+ im not bitchin.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    I just throw extra layers on. its been in the mid 30's at night past few days so i threw on a long sleeve shirt a wool jacket and some sweats. But i guess im used to the cold also.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    The Cank:
    This. The up side is all my smokes get a nice nap for the the big summer smoke off
  • CanadianCanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 54
    I will layer up and smoke in the garage, scotch helps too.
    I also visit my wife's grandfather who smokes in the house. Now that is a treat as in Ontario we can't even smoke in a cigar bar.
  • JohnnySlicksterJohnnySlickster Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    I live in an apartment so no garage for refuge...I do layer up though. I also have a space heater maybe I'll bring that on my balcony and point it right at me haha
  • FrootloopsFrootloops Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
    I smoke in my work truck usually over looking the city...it can be pretty entertaining watching the party bus's come by full of drunk women lol...
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Frootloops:
    I smoke in my work truck usually over looking the city...it can be pretty entertaining watching the party bus's come by full of drunk women lol...
    A small heater in a corner of my garage fills in for my "smoking room" during the winter. I also use a carbon filter with a fan mounted on it and vented to the outside to help keep the air clear. Works great.

It has been a great fall here, so I have only had to use the garage a couple of times so far. The temps get colder here during the winter, but it is the rain that drives me indoors.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    JohnnySlickster:
    So Winter is here again, and its getting cold up here in Northern Cali...at least at night. I wonder, how do you guys cope with smoking in the cold? Any secrets? I like to smoke in the evening but it gets dark earlier now and by the time I get home its freezing...I just wish I had a personal smoking room sometimes lol
    How cold does it get in Chico Ca? I know it can not be as bad as us here. I only ask because I'm looking for a good place to move to if I can ever retire.
    Sandman1am:
    JohnnySlickster:
    How cold does it get in Chico Ca? I know it can not be as bad as us here. I only ask because I'm looking for a good place to move to if I can ever retire.
    Ha definitely not as Bada$$ as Michigan but still pretty chilly...it's not uncommon for it to get down to the teens at night here in the middle of winter time...right now its gets about 30 degrees at night and not much higher than 60 in the day. Maybe I shouldn't be complaining
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    i sent Tim and the guys at ccom video an email about an episode idea a while ago for the cold season.
    hopefully they will be making/showing it soon, because its freezing here.
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329

at the my house there is this screened in porch thing that blocks the wind......so i just stick a heater in it and it stays warm + the smoke leaves the screened in area. if i dont feel like waiting for the area to get warm then i wont smoke at all until i have to go somewhere and i'll leave like 1-2 hours early just so i have enough time to smoke in my car where i can stay really warm

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    JohnnySlickster:
    Sandman1am:
    JohnnySlickster:
    Ha definitely not as Bada$$ as Michigan but still pretty chilly...it's not uncommon for it to get down to the teens at night here in the middle of winter time...right now its gets about 30 degrees at night and not much higher than 60 in the day. Maybe I shouldn't be complaining
    Comparitively I'm sure you are warmer in the summer months. Right now we are being blessed with a little but of a mild fall. The past few days and coming up are 60's and closer to 70 but it dips down at night. I think that's going to change as they are calling for rain soon.

Complain if you want I had the chance to move but didn't. Should've when the getting was good. Now I have to wait out the housing market.
    Truth. Don't get me wrong I love it in Northern California...freezing in the winters and blazing hot in the summers...and the spring is beautiful here in the foothills. I wouldn't give it up for anything.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Lots of layers for me. A hot mug of tea also helps.