Home General Discussion

Cigar Gift Ideas

Sam TushingSam Tushing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
Hello to all,
I'm working on buying some cigar gifts for a buddy of mine and just wondered what you all have liked getting the most.  He's got a ton of cigars so I think I'm going to skip over the obvious and maybe get him a cool lighter, case, or other accessory.  Any opinions are welcome.  Also,  I've got a coupon I'm going to use at the store I linked above, so if you see anything cool there let me know.

Comments

• Ninja1100Ninja1100 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    A quality cutter such as a Davidoff and a quality lighter maybe a travel humidor.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    Ninja1100:
    A quality cutter such as a Davidoff and a quality lighter maybe a travel humidor.
    I agree a good cutter or lighter or travel humi. Maybe throw in an ashtray if he needs one. depends on what you looking to spend and what he needs.
  • Ninja1100Ninja1100 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    The Davidoff cutter was $2.000.00 but I have a friend who works there and got it for free. The cutter is 14 years old and is still sharp as a knife. I am sure you may find the same quality for a hell of a lot less.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Anything XiKar or Palio is a good investment. High quality products with the best warranty out there (no questions asked replacement or repair)
  • Sam TushingSam Tushing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    Nice thanks everyone.  I am thinking it's going to be a lighter and  a few cohiba blacks or padron cigars.  Any preferences there?  I'm not sure what his preferred type of smoke is but I've heard a lot of people like both of those.

Thanks again for the tips!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Sam Tushing:
    Nice thanks everyone.  I am thinking it's going to be a lighter and  a few cohiba blacks or padron cigars.  Any preferences there?  I'm not sure what his preferred type of smoke is but I've heard a lot of people like both of those.

never had the cohiba black but one of my top 10 favs is Padron 1964 anny maduro. The habano is not bad if he likes a milder smoke.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Sam Tushing:

Be a bit careful; a lot of the guys on this board like full-strength cigars with tons of flavor - your friend may not be one of those kinds of people.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    xmacro:
    Sam Tushing:

Be a bit careful; a lot of the guys on this board like full-strength cigars with tons of flavor - your friend may not be one of those kinds of people.
    +1 to that, it's better to ask him how full he likes his cigars and kinda blow the gift a bit than to give him sticks that he will get green from. I had that but reverse with a gift I gave a buddy, I got him a few medium bodied sticks and he wanted really full bodied sticks.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    just whatever you do, I highly recommend NOT ordering your items from that site...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Krieg:
    just whatever you do, I highly recommend NOT ordering your items from that site...
    i was just gunna say that. Thompson is probably the worst site you could ever order from. i assure you that even if you get the cigars you want (they have a tendency to bait and switch when samplers are involved), you will not be happy.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    I know it's not personal but get a gift card. That way you know he will get what he wants. Of course get him one to Ccom!

If you are looking for something to smoke right away you are going to have to know what he likes. I don't think anyone would turn down a GOF if you have the extra cash to spend and he is a good friend. Oh or the AF Don Carlos Anny Edit. Both are expensive, guess it depends on how much money you are able & willing to spend on your friend. Personally the gesture alone means a lot.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    i was just gunna say that. Thompson is probably the worst site you could ever order from. i assure you that even if you get the cigars you want (they have a tendency to bait and switch when samplers are involved), you will not be happy.

yup, couldn't agree more about thompsons. There is a reason that I've only ordered from Ccom for the last 4-5 years.

On a positive note though, I completely agree on the accessories route. you can never go wrong with that. I'd suggest checking out the "you pick 2" samplers here in this website. They usually have a nice cutter and a nice lighter that you can combine for ~40 bucks, which is a pretty good deal and then go from there.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Cohiba Black and Padron. Very possible that they are my 2 favorite smokes ! Yeah Thompsons = Crap
  • Sam TushingSam Tushing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    Sorry of the delay..haven't been back in awhile but have seen the responses. Thanks for all the suggestions and info! I mixed a couple of cigars and a little giftcard so if the cigars weren't liked it wasn't a complete loss

Thanks again