Home General Discussion

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos 75th Anniversary??

zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
I've never heard of this before...I see that they have the 30th anniversary. Are they they same?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Never heard of it? Where did you see it?
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    At a B&M store I at, talking to one of the guys there.
    If it is true, I...Must...Have...
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I have heard basically nothing about these other than the name being thrown around online, with no information, photos, etc. to back them up, and of course there is nothing on any fuente related websites.
    After some digging online (man you can find anything), I found this. I dont have an account set up there, so I cant see the picture of it.

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=43623

BTW...I was able to grab their last 2! (which was their limit) whoohoo
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    zeebra:
    After some digging online (man you can find anything), I found this. I dont have an account set up there, so I cant see the picture of it.

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=43623

BTW...I was able to grab their last 2! (which was their limit) whoohoo
    Can you post pics? Will they be getting more and if so what did they run you? I want some!!!!
    Yes yes, pics and find out if they are getting more. Me want some! ;-)
    well there is a picture in the link i posted. i paid $12.50 each!! i doubt you can find a better deal. i will ask him about more shipments.
    zeebra:
    well there is a picture in the link i posted. i paid $12.50 each!! i doubt you can find a better deal. i will ask him about more shipments.
    Thanks and PM to you
    Took from another site, not my picture...

• The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Hit me up with that info as well. i want some
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    The Cank:
    Hit me up with that info as well. i want some
    +1 please!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    nobody mentioned if it was the same cigar with a different band or not....
    im fairly sure it is different from the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario that uses an Opus X wrapper with a don carlos filler...

im not 100% that the cigar in question (Arturo Fuente Don Carlos 75th Anniversary) is a different blend. however, the band alone makes it collectible. I dont believe it to be an "anniversary" cigar as much as a birthday cigar. the anniversary cigar is the Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario. the one with the 75th band would most likely be to celebrate Carlos Fuente's (Sr.) 75th birthday.
    Kuzi, you are correct. It is Don Carlos 75th birthday cigar. I believe a box was given to vendors who sold AF lines and they could either sell em or keep it. Came with a letter from the man himself, is what I'm reading on other forums while searching for the picture. Not sure on the whole story yet though. I have not been able to find the info on cigar yet, as in filler and stuff.
    Just got mine in along with a few others.....

AF Anejo #55
    AF Anejo #77
    AF Anejo #50
    AF Don Carlos 75th (birthday cigar)
    AF Sungrown I think (he said it was a hard to come by cigar)

zeebra:
    Kuzi, you are correct. It is Don Carlos 75th birthday cigar. I believe a box was given to vendors who sold AF lines and they could either sell em or keep it. Came with a letter from the man himself, is what I'm reading on other forums while searching for the picture. Not sure on the whole story yet though. I have not been able to find the info on cigar yet, as in filler and stuff.
    ill have to ask. my B&M has been selling Fuente for the last 30+ years. they probably got a box in. ill see what info i can muster up.
    kuzi16:
    zeebra:
    ill have to ask. my B&M has been selling Fuente for the last 30+ years. they probably got a box in. ill see what info i can muster up.
    Thanks! I dont know what kind it is so I'm interested in knowing as well.
    zeebra:
    Just got mine in along with a few others.....

AF Anejo #55
    AF Anejo #77
    AF Anejo #50
    AF Don Carlos 75th (birthday cigar)
    AF Sungrown I think (he said it was a hard to come by cigar)

That's a nice pickup there zeeb. Still want to try that Don Carlos 75th. Those AF Sungrowns are only released once a year so they are a little harder to come by. I picked some up and had one a while back. Thought that they needed some more rest but these should age nicely. I really enjoyed it, hope you like it.
    Must be a Hemingway Sun Grown. The regular sun grown is easy to find. This year is the first year I have seen and had the Hemingway sun grown.
    rwheelwright:
    Must be a Hemingway Sun Grown. The regular sun grown is easy to find. This year is the first year I have seen and had the Hemingway sun grown.
    That's the one I was talking about, sorry if I confused anyone. The one in the pic zeeb posted looks like the AF Hemmingway Sun Growns that I have.
    i cant get the exact blend but it is a Cameroon wrapper. it is very similar to the regular Don Carlos cigar but a bit stronger and a bit more round. this is apparently the cigar that Don Carlos rolls for himself. so it is a different blend than the original... just a higher grade tobacco. the words "personal reserve" seem to surround the talk of it... as in "he pulled from his personal reserve to get this cigar out to his friends and family"

this is a very rare cigar. congrats on scoring one.

what limited info i could find was found HERE just a hair over an hour in.
    I've searched the net for it as well man and keep coming up empty handed. I really appreciate the info on em. PM to ya Kuzi.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    wonder if its anything like the doncarlos gof. i got one in my order coming today.