Home General Discussion

Just Curious

jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
I haven't done this so don't jump to any conclusions but suppose I had stored a number of infused sticks in my coolidor along with the regular ones. And suppose I'd left them in there long enough so that, when I opened the coolidor door I could smell them.

My concern, naturally, is that now my regular sticks would taste/smell like the infused ones. Do any of you know of a product on the market that will absorb odors such that if I removed and segregated the cigars I could then remove all trace of the odor from the coolidor? Do you think a box of baking soda would work? Or something else?

Marty

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    News paper. Lots and lots of newspaper. And get those damned infused sticks out ASAP!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I once placed a few Copper Label Drew Estates cigars in with my non-infused cigars. The distinct aroma lingered for a few days after I removed the sticks, but did not affect the taste of the other cigars. I am far more careful now, I don't store infused cigars. If I am in the mood, I will buy a single and enjoy it that day.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    docbp87:
    News paper. Lots and lots of newspaper. And get those damned infused sticks out ASAP!

It's okay, guys. Like I said, I didn't do it. I don't even own an infused stick - I dislike the d@mned things. I just wanted to know for future reference.

I like the newspaper idea, though.

Marty

• JohnnySlicksterJohnnySlickster Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    jlmarta:
    I haven't done this so don't jump to any conclusions but suppose I had stored a number of infused sticks in my coolidor along with the regular ones. And suppose I'd left them in there long enough so that, when I opened the coolidor door I could smell them.

My concern, naturally, is that now my regular sticks would taste/smell like the infused ones. Do any of you know of a product on the market that will absorb odors such that if I removed and segregated the cigars I could then remove all trace of the odor from the coolidor? Do you think a box of baking soda would work? Or something else?

Marty

I made this mistake once. A single kuba kuba stored with my other other cigars gave off a noticeable aroma that I was worried about...didn't much effect the taste of the other cigars but it would if more infused cigars were brought into the picture. Now I just keep a small 20 count humi for all the infused cigars I own, I think that's the best way to go IMO
  • ctremblay187ctremblay187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 122
    JohnnySlickster:
    jlmarta:

Marty

I made this mistake once. A single kuba kuba stored with my other other cigars gave off a noticeable aroma that I was worried about...didn't much effect the taste of the other cigars but it would if more infused cigars were brought into the picture. Now I just keep a small 20 count humi for all the infused cigars I own, I think that's the best way to go IMO
    I think this is what I'm gtonna end up doing soon wanna get some isla del solo for the summer see how they are with a couple months of age I know there a low ball stick but their delicious poolside
  • tkohlertkohler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    Maybe its just me, but it seems like a lot of people blow the whole 'storing infused cigars with other cigars' thing into something much bigger than it needs to be. I've got about 30 infused sticks in my coolerdor, among a few hundred other sticks. The only time I can smell anything close to infused cigars is if I lift out my infused tray, and smell it. The trays above/below smell like the cigars that are in them, not the infused cigars. The overall smell of my coolerdor is of ceder and tobacco, not infused cigars. IMO as long as you don't have like 19 naked infused cigars piled on a single naked other cigar, in a 20 count humi, don't really worry about them. Leave the cello on, and store them in a corner. It'll be fine :-P Just my two cents opinion.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    tkohler:
    Maybe its just me, but it seems like a lot of people blow the whole 'storing infused cigars with other cigars' thing into something much bigger than it needs to be. I've got about 30 infused sticks in my coolerdor, among a few hundred other sticks. The only time I can smell anything close to infused cigars is if I lift out my infused tray, and smell it. The trays above/below smell like the cigars that are in them, not the infused cigars. The overall smell of my coolerdor is of ceder and tobacco, not infused cigars. IMO as long as you don't have like 19 naked infused cigars piled on a single naked other cigar, in a 20 count humi, don't really worry about them. Leave the cello on, and store them in a corner. It'll be fine :-P Just my two cents opinion.
    I think that people are going with the better safe then sorry here. If that works for you great. If I were into infused cigars I would keep them in a little 20 count humi and call it good, once again rather safe then sorry for the price of a small 20 count humi my sanity would be worth that.