Home General Discussion

Cigar of the month questions

bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
What are/were the cigar of the month cigars this month? If I join now, will I get them, or next months? When do they arrive?

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    This month was a Padilla theme. Miami, '68, Cazadores, Dominus, and Hybrid. No clue if you'll get those. I'd guess not, but ask when/if you call to sign up. Typically they show up around the first of the month. I think for your first month they do a specific mix of fairly expensive sticks, or it might just be the armada promotion now.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Armada promotion wasn't supposed to start till December I think, and all that was was just a 3pk thrown in with the regular CoTM pack. As for what you'll get, they usually send out a pack of premiums for the first time, but personally I'd be just as happy to nab that pack of Padillas!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Hays:
    Armada promotion wasn't supposed to start till December I think, and all that was was just a 3pk thrown in with the regular CoTM pack. As for what you'll get, they usually send out a pack of premiums for the first time, but personally I'd be just as happy to nab that pack of Padillas!
    Actually, Alex said in several threads that if you joined COTM after Nov 1st, you're already in for the Armada promotion.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Ah...must've confused that with Dec. 1 then. Admittedly I did not fact-check before I made that comment... I gotta stop posting erroneously! LOL
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    In the past the first shipment has been "worth at least a hundred dollars", so, may be different than what everyone else got. One way or the other, I love COTM. A great chance to try something you may have not otherwise sprung for.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    I was not sure if i wanted to sign up for the cigar of the month do you guys think it is worth it?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I just signed up yesterday. I hope this will keep some of my purchases under control knowing I have smokes in the mail.

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Christian_Sapp:
    I was not sure if i wanted to sign up for the cigar of the month do you guys think it is worth it?
    I got it as a gift about 8 months ago and I really enjoyed it while I had it. Is it worth it? I guess that all depends on the person and how much you smoke, buy, and enjoy trying different things. It gives you an opertunity to try new and or different things and they give a great expalnation of the sticks with the package. Sometimes I didn't like the selection but that's going to happen every now and then. I used the discount a ton so in my eyes it was very much worth it between that and trying new things.
    Oh and the first month is a standard package that everyone gets. I asked because I thought about signing back up after my last ran out.....haven't done it yet but who knows maybe if I start smoking more I will get back into it.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    +1 Did the same today...hoping it slows my cigar spending which is always a struggle to keep under control.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    So what's in the standard first month package?
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Signed up yesterday too. I've been thinking about it for awhile now and when I heard about the armada pack for new sign-ups.. I knew I had to do it. A little birthday gift from the girlfriend. Can't beat that. Now to talk her into the Christmas sampler hahahhaa
  • ctremblay187ctremblay187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 122
    I've considered it for the last couple months but I think I'm just gonna got for it the hype bout the armada pushed me in lol
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I definitely want to know what you guys get in your first month pack. I have long wondered how close to 100$ it really can come...
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    docbp87:
    I definitely want to know what you guys get in your first month pack. I have long wondered how close to 100$ it really can come...
    My first month was a SC Artisan, Padilla '32, Graycliff 1666, Gurkha Centurian, and a Gurkha Titan II. That was over a year ago though.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Glad to hear what is in the 'first month' package. Only have the 1666's resting, own none of the rest...guess I should make the plunge thanks for sharing your views!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I got it for the 10% alone, as I'm spending a fair amount on this site. The monthly samplers are a nice bonus for me.