Home General Discussion

cigar groomsmen gift ideas

Corymc23Corymc23 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
Hey guys, I have been off the forums for a while but I'm back with a question: I am getting married in December and was wondering if you all could think of a good groomsmen gift idea. Something cigar related preferably and non-alcohol related because my brother in law is a recovering alcoholic. Any suggestions? I heard a rumor that you could get the date of the wedding etched onto a cigar but I have not been able to find information on that. Thanks guys!

Comments

• RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    It depens how much your looking to spend per person... But my buddy was looking at this and there is a good gift idea here on CCom its a humi, cutter, about 10 sticks i think everything you need to get started. I think its baout $50.
  • Corymc23Corymc23 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
    I looked into that and ruled it out because not everyone loves cigars like I do. I know that all my guys will enjoy one when the occasion is right but nobody keeps a humidor. In fact, I have to drive my friends to go get a real cigar when we go out because they insist on stopping to get a swisher!
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Engraved Zippo (or the like) lighters-----the only way to go.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Fellow BORK robbyras just got married not too long ago and he had some really good ideas. You should send him a message.
  • BeardedYetiBeardedYeti Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    When I got married my brother hooked me up with some smokes I can't find at my local B&M. (Java's mainly)

As for my groomsmen, I got them Olivia Serie O's...something I knew they'd love, but didn't want to try because of the price at their B&M. I got them four a piece (granted I only had two groomsmen).

Of course, we smoked most of the aforementioned cigars the night before my wedding...

~Brian
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    You can get a nice lighter like Xikars engraved. That and a couple/few nice sticks should work well.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    How much are you looking to spend?
    I have 7 groomsmen which makes this just a touch harder. Then I have 2 additional ushers which makes things a tad tricky because they are really close friends as well... decisions decisions.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    They have Swiss Army Knife's with cigar scissors on them. It's the only way that I've cut my cigars for the last 7 years - much easier than a regular cutter for me. Maybe you can get them engraved and give them out? Not only a great cutter, but the SAK comes in handy for the non-cigar crowd too.
  • cacmancacman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    A good quality pocket knife (like Case, Cinch, Boker, Hen & Rooster, Queen Cutlery) always makes a nice gift. And some depending where they are order from can be engraved. A quality Multi-Tool is what I once received as best man. Swiss Army knives by Victorionox are a good stand-by.
    Thats it!!! I'm getting them a premium cigar, and a swiss army knife with a cigar cutter! I love that idea! Way to come through for me guys you rock! Is there any way to get a tube engraved do you think?
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    cacman:
    A good quality pocket knife (like Case, Cinch, Boker, Hen & Rooster, Queen Cutlery) always makes a nice gift. And some depending where they are order from can be engraved. A quality Multi-Tool is what I once received as best man. Swiss Army knives by Victorionox are a good stand-by.
    +1 on a pocket knife, I love my Benchmade and Kershaw knives.

If you want to go the cigar route, my buddy who got married gave me a 3 finger leather cigar case for a groomsmen gift and my other buddy (the best man) got a humi. He specialized each gift for each groomsman.