Home General Discussion

Today at the B&M

StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
So today I went to the B&M planning on having a cigar and watching the early football games before heading to the Broncos Jags game. Not planning on buying anything other then maybe 1-2 cigars and instead I end up spending $140. Got 3 Opus X, 2 Ashton VSG, 2 Partagas 160, A Partagas special reserve 1997, an Ashton ESG, an Alec Bradley Tempus and 1 of the ever elusive Aurturo Fuente Anejo. My wife is going to be pissed but it was worth it.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Stoogee:
    So today I went to the B&M planning on having a cigar and watching the early football games before heading to the Broncos Jags game. Not planning on buying anything other then maybe 1-2 cigars and instead I end up spending $140. Got 3 Opus X, 2 Ashton VSG, 2 Partagas 160, A Partagas special reserve 1997, an Ashton ESG, an Alec Bradley Tempus and 1 of the ever elusive Aurturo Fuente Anejo. My wife is going to be pissed but it was worth it.
    Hey Stoogee that seems like a pretty good deal to me.. Don't tell her how much you spent, tell her what a great deal it was..
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Sounds like a GREAT haul!!! I won't be spending that much, but I will be forking out a few bucks this week too! Good deal Stoogee!
  • sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    Stoogee:
    This is why I don't let my wife see my bank statements and why I have a humi that you can't see into.
  • iminaquagmireiminaquagmire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    That's me every time. I went in the other day for 1 to smoke on the way home from work and ended up bring home 5. I did better than usual though-- in not bringing home a box.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    So it sounds like you got 11 cigars for $140. I've known women to spend much more than that on a single pair of shoes and you only get 2 of those. I say as long as you age at least one of those sticks for a few years, you can justify the purchase by saying "see honey, they lasted longer than a pair of shoes too....and tasted much better."
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Rob1110:
    So it sounds like you got 11 cigars for $140. I've known women to spend much more than that on a single pair of shoes and you only get 2 of those. I say as long as you age at least one of those sticks for a few years, you can justify the purchase by saying "see honey, they lasted longer than a pair of shoes too....and tasted much better."
    those excuses never work the same for us
    they are only resons for women

I know, I'm on cigar buying restriction for a while
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I want to buy some more stuff but one, I have spent to much money this month and two, where will I put them? 6 Humidors filled is enough. I still have stuff I haven't tried yet still in my hunidors like the Gurkha Beauty, Cusano Corojo, Rocky Patel 1992, Monticristo Media Noche, etc...

I may pick up a few next credit card statement but not much. I want to get a few more Nub Cameroons.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    rwheelwright:
    I still have stuff I haven't tried yet still in my hunidors like ... Cusano Corojo...
    that is a great cigar and its onew of my favorite to smoke this time of year. its cool out and the fire is warm. the leaves have changed but have not fallen. in my head this is a great fall smoke.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    I still have stuff I haven't tried yet still in my hunidors like ... Cusano Corojo...
    that is a great cigar and its onew of my favorite to smoke this time of year. its cool out and the fire is warm. the leaves have changed but have not fallen. in my head this is a great fall smoke.
    I'll try and have it this weekend then!