Home General Discussion

Lighting up at 80 mph.

These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
I had to go to Pennsylvania today to get some tires for my car and thought myself, "Self. I've got an hour an a half to kill, I'll have a cigar on the way." Yeah, forget what you know about lighting a cigar once you do it while traveling at appx 80-85 mph. It's really hard to do it and not look like your drunk at nine in the morning.

Comments

• iminaquagmireiminaquagmire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    I've gotten rather adept at that being on the road with my previous job but I know what you're talking about. Now ashing on yourself will make anybody look like a fool.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    What I'm still trying to figure out is how someone can smoke a cigar on a motorcycle.

Several months ago I got pulled over on the freeway by a motorcycle cop. He pulled his bike right up next to my window, with a lit cigar hanging out of his mouth. He looked into the car and saw 2 attractive girls squeezed into the passenger seat. He asked if I knew the speed limit was 55, told me to slow down, then rode off, never getting off his bike, and never taking the cigar from his mouth.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Scrambler:
    What I'm still trying to figure out is how someone can smoke a cigar on a motorcycle.

Several months ago I got pulled over on the freeway by a motorcycle cop. He pulled his bike right up next to my window, with a lit cigar hanging out of his mouth. He looked into the car and saw 2 attractive girls squeezed into the passenger seat. He asked if I knew the speed limit was 55, told me to slow down, then rode off, never getting off his bike, and never taking the cigar from his mouth.
    Now that's what I like ... A story with a happy ending.. or two.

How did that other traffic story end ? speed/rain.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    kaspera79:

Lol, yeah.

My court date is Thursday, I hired an attorney to handle it. He says he's pretty sure he can make it go away and I'll probably just have to pay court costs. We'll see.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Scrambler:
    kaspera79:

Lol, yeah.

My court date is Thursday, I hired an attorney to handle it. He says he's pretty sure he can make it go away and I'll probably just have to pay court costs. We'll see.
    Best of luck on that one.. By the way don't they have a seat belt law in your state ?..It probably didn't matter much ..
  • xanderxander Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    Scrambler:

If you've got a windshield it's not too bad. I don't, but I can still smoke but it's got to be something with a 42 ring. Gets interesting close to the nub though and lighting while riding is completely out for me.