Home General Discussion

best smelling cigar pre-light?

sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
i had a 5vegas Miami a week or so ago and as i was having a smell before lighting it i thought it was the nicest cigar i had ever smelt pre light, i ended up sat down smelling it for 10 mins or so before smoking it it was so nice.
if i could id by a box and a fill a humi just with them just so every now and again i could open it up and stick my head in there.
big thanks again to the borks that sent me it in the bomb :)

so what’s the best smelling cigar pre light you have ever smelt?

Comments

• jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    you could buy a box for sure the box would be less that shipping for you. For some reson I really like the petting zoo smell guss I am just a country boy at heart the empire I think was III had a very strong barnyard smell
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Best smelling cigar pre-light = What evers in my hand and I'm about to fire up!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    LP T-52, Opus X, Camacho PE, LFD Air Bender, Illusione cg:4, off the top of my head have my favorite pre-light aromas.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    jship079:
    you could buy a box for sure the box would be less that shipping for you. For some reson I really like the petting zoo smell guss I am just a country boy at heart the empire I think was III had a very strong barnyard smell
    Lemme try again... HA!
    jship079:
    Lemme try again... HA!
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    docbp87:
    LP T-52, Opus X, Camacho PE, LFD Air Bender, Illusione cg:4, off the top of my head have my favorite pre-light aromas.
    I have yet to try the Illusion and the LP T-52 but the Opus X has a very sweet aroma to it and the LFD Air Bender has a great pre light aroma. Im not sure about the Camacho PE tho, might have to visit that one again.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    sirfoster83:
    Best smelling cigar pre-light = What evers in my hand and I'm about to fire up!
    I'm with you on this except for a small few that I thought just really stunk.....those usually don't last too long in my book....eh humi?
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I can tell you what it's not, the Verdadero Organic. Once it's lit, it is a nice creamy flavorful smoke that changes the pace of the med/full that I normally smoke. But once you take it out of the cello, it smells like they let them rest is a cow's ass for months. Forget barnyard, cow's ass.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    undulac:
    I can tell you what it's not, the Verdadero Organic. Once it's lit, it is a nice creamy flavorful smoke that changes the pace of the med/full that I normally smoke. But once you take it out of the cello, it smells like they let them rest is a cow's ass for months. Forget barnyard, cow's ass.
    So thaaaaat's where the raisin aroma comes from.

I think the best smelling stick pre light is the Graycliff DE.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Bolivar petit corona, smells like cocoa. The dirty rat has a very interesting aroma, you'd almost think it was lightly infused given the aroma.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    undulac:
    LMAO
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    Partagas black label or the La vieja Habano brazilian maduro....or the CAO brazilian are for sure the best smelling
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I like the AF Don Carlos line. I guess it is because they smell like what I thought a cigar should smell like.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    For me I think the best smelling cigar pre-light would be the LFD Camernoon Cabinet! I got one of these from Gene after our Super Bowl bet and was blown away by the smell alone on this cigar. It was just as amazing once lit, but that pre-light smell was the best I've ever experienced!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    PuroFreak:
    For me I think the best smelling cigar pre-light would be the LFD Camernoon Cabinet! I got one of these from Gene after our Super Bowl bet and was blown away by the smell alone on this cigar. It was just as amazing once lit, but that pre-light smell was the best I've ever experienced!
    oh yeah, didn't even think of that one, good choice.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    This is one on my list of cigars to smoke when I get back, can't wait!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Nick2021:
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    This is one on my list of cigars to smoke when I get back, can't wait!
    It is a fantastic cigar! The pre light is just as amazing as the aroma while you smoke it! Another I really love the pre-light smell of is the Antano Dark Corojo. Almost has a molasses type smell to it.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Kristoff sumatra.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    The Opus X Shark....Exquisite!!!
  • pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
    Padilla series '68 corojo, and ghurka grand reserve.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Camacho Triple Maduro and La Aurora Preferido Maduro