Home General Discussion

Were Will We Smoke?

spinnerbaitspinnerbait Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
In the days of seeing our personal freedoms grow smaller, restricted areas to smoke, gun control, etc... Will there someday be "pleasure police" to tell us we can't smoke at all? Were I live we are just about regulated to our homes as the only legal place to enjoy cigars,or any other form of tobacco. My local cigar store actually prepared a private room (members only) so we could smoke. As Americans we better wake up before it is to late!

Comments

• spinnerbaitspinnerbait Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    SORRY TO EVERYONE, I WROTE THIS AT WORK AND POSTED IT BEFORE I REALIZED I FORGOT THE "H" IN WHERE-AGAIN SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    spinnerbait:
    SORRY TO EVERYONE, I WROTE THIS AT WORK AND POSTED IT BEFORE I REALIZED I FORGOT THE "H" IN WHERE-AGAIN SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOO LATE !!! I AM FROM THE SPELLING POLICE. THAT LITTLE MISTAKE IS GOING TO COST YOU ALL YOUR CIGARS. PLEASE PACKAGE THEM UP WELL AND SEND THEM TO ME IMMEDIATELY. WE CAN NOT ALLOW THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOUR HERE AT THE C.COM FORUMS.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Y'all stop shouting, some of us are trying to sleep.
    zoom6zoom:

Sorry. I was using my authoritative voice ! LOL ooops.

I mean lol
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    laker1963:
    zoom6zoom:

I mean lol
    Well then, It is acceptable... BUT NEVER AGAIN !! What's up Laker ?
    kaspera79:
    laker1963:
    zoom6zoom:

I mean lol

Not much BUD ! How 'bout yerself ?

Spent the day cleaning out the garage... a rather large two sided building :(

Now I am going to reward myself by sitting out there and smoking a Padron 1926 with a great cup of Tanzania Peaberry Coffee and some tunes I think... :)

Ahhhhhhhh ! That's better .
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    if we pool our money we might be able to buy a very small island and get it annexed from the us so we will have a place to smoke in 10 years.
    laker1963:
    kaspera79:
    laker1963:
    zoom6zoom:

I mean lol

Not much BUD ! How 'bout yerself ?

Spent the day cleaning out the garage... a rather large two sided building :(

Now I am going to reward myself by sitting out there and smoking a Padron 1926 with a great cup of Tanzania Peaberry Coffee and some tunes I think... :)

Ahhhhhhhh ! That's better .
    The rewards for a job well done ! I have to come up with a reason to light one up.... well, just because. ( good enough reason for me. )
  • BigDan.BigDan. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    i think the smoking laws are getting worse and worse. there are full towns where i live that are smoke free its insane and frustrating. two of my favorite shops can no longer utilize there smoking rooms or areas because of local laws. to smoke at my shop me and the owner and whomever else would have to walk outside and stand or sit on a curb..... hmmm maybe he should invest in like a outdoor table and chairs.... i dont think the shopping center would approve though. anyways these laws are so frustrating and i dont know if there is a way to stop them. rrrgggg
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I still say the smoking laws are nothing compared to the sex laws. Just think how many places we can't have sex. There's yer pleasure police.
  • wmaxhamwmaxham Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80

urbino:
    I still say the smoking laws are nothing compared to the sex laws. Just think how many places we can't have sex. There's yer pleasure police.

lolololollolololollolol.

hasnt stop me before.

libraries arnt to bad. me and my gf rented a study room. didnt study. lol

but parks are usualy nice place to smoke.

expecialy in a gazibo.

• MarkbbMarkbb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 196
    Oklahoma is not as bad as say California and most of your NE states....hate to say but our rights as citizens and country men and woman are diminishing....but where I live there's a cigar bar approx. 12mile or I just smoke in my backyard
  • sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    I would agree that the smoking laws are getting a bit crazy except for the fact that most smokers are disrespectful of their seroundings. I hate cigarette and cheep cheep cigar smoke and when I ask people to move a way from the front door of my wife's childrens store they get pissed at me. I'm not asking them to stop smoking just not to stand in front of the store and smoke. I am also happy to have smoking out of bars, clubs, and restaurants. I would like to enjoy my time out and breathing someone else's smoke is not my idea of fun.

As for gun control that is way out of hand, I am far to the left when it comes to politics but gun control is something I do NOT agree with. I take the view that people kill people and people will continue to kill people with guns or without.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    jihiggs:
    if we pool our money we might be able to buy a very small island and get it annexed from the us so we will have a place to smoke in 10 years.
    Good idea, James! :D Go buy Camano Island so when I come out next week we have a place to smoke ;)
    Markbb:
    Oklahoma is not as bad as say California and most of your NE states....hate to say but our rights as citizens and country men and woman are diminishing....but where I live there's a cigar bar approx. 12mile or I just smoke in my backyard

living in california i have never even heard of a cigar bar, they ban smoking everywhere , i also lived in utah for a year and a half and they have a ton of outrageous smoking laws and the 50 ft law where you can not smoke withing 50 ft of any building its horrible.

and ya whats up with these crazy pleasure police i mean come on we all know what movie theatres are really for haha

gun laws seem fine to me, i dont have a gun but im sure it wouldnt be that hard to get one, also people shouldnt be running around with guns anyways that just seems ludicris to me
    BigDan.:
    living in california i have never even heard of a cigar bar, they ban smoking everywhere , i also lived in utah for a year and a half and they have a ton of outrageous smoking laws and the 50 ft law where you can not smoke withing 50 ft of any building its horrible.

and ya whats up with these crazy pleasure police i mean come on we all know what movie theatres are really for haha

gun laws seem fine to me, i dont have a gun but im sure it wouldnt be that hard to get one, also people shouldnt be running around with guns anyways that just seems ludicris to me
    BigDan, you know California has the same kind of law, where you can't smoke within I think 30 ft of a buildings door.
    I hear ya. Up hear in Canada the provinces have been setting smoking laws into place in a very haphazard way. You can hardly tell from one city to the next (let alone from province to province) what the smoking laws are in that particular place.

There is now talk of banning smoking in cars if there are other people in the car with you. Even if they don't object!

Sure glad I have a backyard and a garage. ;)
    laker1963:
    I hear ya. Up hear in Canada the provinces have been setting smoking laws into place in a very haphazard way. You can hardly tell from one city to the next (let alone from province to province) what the smoking laws are in that particular place.

There is now talk of banning smoking in cars if there are other people in the car with you. Even if they don't object!

Sure glad I have a backyard and a garage. ;)
    The California no smoking in the car law only applies if there are children in the car. A side note the cops can't pull you over for it, they can only give you a ticket if they pull you over for something else and you happen to be smoking in the car with kids.
    i actually wasnt aware of this issue in CA probably because nobody makes a issue of it and i never see signs for it , when i was in UTAH there would be signs posted on every glass door. in CA ppl smoke right outside starbucks and there favorite B&Ms and such. the car law makes sense because i dont think children should be sitting in a smoked filled car, i have a friend who him and his mom will smoke cigarettes in the car when im in there with the windows up and its just gross even though i smoked cigarettes for a long time i find this very disturbing
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    all i have to say on the subject is this:
    it is not the job of the government to regulate every last bit of our lives.
  • dan7876dan7876 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 47

With the changing of seasons in full swing, what I want to know is where the heck I'll smoke this winter!  Where I live it will be below zero for weeks, and below freezing for like 4-5 months straight.  Just picked up cigars this spring, so I haven't really thought this one through yet.  Suppose I could go hang out at the local cigar shop, but it's not the same as plunking down in my backyard.  Or maybe I could grab a space heater and hang in the garage...man, that reminds me of my college days.

Where do you guys go when snow hits the ground?

dan7876:

With the changing of seasons in full swing, what I want to know is where the heck I'll smoke this winter!  Where I live it will be below zero for weeks, and below freezing for like 4-5 months straight.  Just picked up cigars this spring, so I haven't really thought this one through yet.  Suppose I could go hang out at the local cigar shop, but it's not the same as plunking down in my backyard.  Or maybe I could grab a space heater and hang in the garage...man, that reminds me of my college days.

Where do you guys go when snow hits the ground?

Yup that's me. Hunkered down in the garage with a space heater.

I live in Canada (BC) so I am in for 4 -5 months of rain and some snow. This year when I took the patio furniture in from the backyard for the winter I set up a little corner in the garage. I've got tunes, the heater, good lighting for reading and such. Actually it is going to be a much better winter smoking room then I envisioned when this subject came up in a similar post a couple of months back. :)
    urbino:
    I hear you there Urbi, I've been banned from Church, my old High School, Burger King, the Library, Wrigley Field, Wal-Mart sporting goods department, Food World, The AMC 6 Movieplex, my Sex Addicts meeting center, Delta Airlines, And my sister-in laws house.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    I hear you there Urbi, I've been banned from Church, my old High School, Burger King, the Library, Wrigley Field, Wal-Mart sporting goods department, Food World, The AMC 6 Movieplex, my Sex Addicts meeting center, Delta Airlines, And my sister-in laws house.
    Splutter!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    lol, damn, I thought I was a stud for messing around in dressing rooms...
    I almost forgot about Toys-R-Us, Dairy Queen, House of Bride, Dominos ( very bad day ),The Carpet Warehouse, and my local Ford Dealer..The back seat of the Ford 500 is very roomy !!
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    kuzi16:
    all i have to say on the subject is this:
    it is not the job of the government to regulate every last bit of our lives.
    But that dosen't seem to stop them. My fav. spot to smoke is in my backyard by my fire pit or in Matt's backyard by his fire pit.
  • PederPeder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    There's a cigar bar in Oklahoma? Where?
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Peder:
    There's a cigar bar in Oklahoma? Where?
    This is an old thread my friend, but since you asked... (click this--->)Maker's Cigar Lounge, it's a cigar bar in OK.

Oh, and welcome aboard!! Don't forget to drop by The Newbie Welcoming Thread(<---click that too) and say hello!!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    It is not horrible down here in the south yet but it is creeping this way. We do have a ban on smoking in all public buildings, but that doesn't bother me. I hate smelling cigarette smoke while I am at one of my favorite eateries.