Home General Discussion

keeping the smell off

jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
I must admit I love a cigar and everything about them except the stale cigar after smell how do those that care manage it I have seen products but never used any I just deal work for me this long but if there is a secret I would like to know

Comments

• Vince OVince O Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 279
    jship079:
    I must admit I love a cigar and everything about them except the stale cigar after smell how do those that care manage it I have seen products but never used any I just deal work for me this long but if there is a secret I would like to know
    JUST get used to it & spray a little fabreeze, I have had the same bottle in the Qtr.deck since it was new, I use it Spareingly hahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Febreeze definitely helps. I personally always wear old tee shirts and workout clothes when I smoke at home, so I never mind if they stink, and eventually they end up in the laundry, so they can be sullied with ash again.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    My girl likes the combo of a good cigar and my cologne soooooo I kinda bask in the amazing fragrance.
    I used o keep a bottle of of Curve in my desk til I think one of the contractors noticed it and stole it!

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Heh, I know a girl who likes the smell of cigar smoke, but only if it's a Cohiba; for some reason, she can tell when I'm smoking something less than a Cohiba, even if I remove the band. At any rate, I just use febreeze and dump my clothes in the laundry basket or washer.
    Not to derail but getting the smell out of say a car is a whole different monster.
    I did it once with an ozone spray that I got at an auto shop.
    Now I have an air purifier that I cycle when I'm not in the car.

• cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I like the smell on my hands and beard. Change cloths before I go out. Do not like the smell in my car so I've only smoke in it twice and I've called it quits, but my truck has about 1 inches of ash on the floor.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    trying to hit 200 post today so sorry. +1
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Smoke odors are some of the toughest odors to get rid of (I know. Its part of my job). The single best thing you can do is smoke outdoors and not let the smoke permiate anything you don't want to smell like stale smoke. The next best thing is an Ozone generator (but this is very dangerous as it depletes the environment of Oxygen. Its used a lot in Fire Damage restoration). The next thing is to replace the "undesireable odor" with a more "desireable odor". (When you guys use Fabreeze, etc.) That is called "Masking" an odor. But then everything you treat with the masking agent smells like that masking agent i.e Fabreeze (Most of the time it smells like the masking agent + stale smoke IMHO).
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    stephen_hannibal:
    Not to derail but getting the smell out of say a car is a whole different monster.

Stephen, where did you pick up that air purifier, and what did it cost ya?

The Sniper:
    stephen_hannibal:

Stephen, where did you pick up that air purifier, and what did it cost ya?

You've got mail.

• AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    SH: What type of purifier is it?
    Adcurium:
    PM sent.

• Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    PM me as well please...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    back on track - smoking outside really helps dissipate the stale cigar smell. Its tougher to get our of your hands, hair & beard. As for me, I come back in and throw my clothes right into the washer if they are very stinky.
  • cleakecleake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    Microfiber shirts work REAL well - for whatever reason no lingering smell
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    stephen_hannibal:
    Adcurium:
    PM sent.

Me too please!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    My method, which works with a baby my wife: I only smoke outside and wear a light smoking jacket most times I smoke. Take it off when I'm done, leave it in the garage wash my hands, splash some water on my face, and I'm good to go. Sometmes I'll change shirts too, if I know I'll be hanging with the little dude. But the jacket actually takes care of most of it. I found my smoking jacket in a thrift store in vegas for $3 and let me tell you, worth every penny.