Home General Discussion

Cool humidor setups I found online - Cabi and Waxingmoon

bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
I was surfing the web looking for design ideas on cabinet and built-in humidors and found a website that does custom humidors and thought that their designs were really cool. I really like the drawer design of the first one, and overall the second one on this page in particular looks really nice. The best part about these two designs is that it looks as if you could fit a metric sh!tload of cigars in both of them. What do you guys think?

I'd be interested to know what Cabi and Waxingmoon have to say about these two designs. I'd like to eventually design and build a built-in style cabinet humidor for aging in a wine cellar incorporating aspects from both of the ones on this page, the drawers in particular.

Comments

• WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 328
    They look very functional.... Not too difficult to make.... I'm assuming they fit in to another sealed cabinet?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    WaxingMoon:
    They look very functional.... Not too difficult to make.... I'm assuming they fit in to another sealed cabinet?
    Yea, they go in an existing cabinet. With a little tweaking they could easily be made to stand alone. Looks like one solid day to make one, two at the most.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    They look great, but the stuff WaxingMoon has done are just as nice and a lot less money!
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    YankeeMan:
    They look great, but the stuff WaxingMoon has done are just as nice and a lot less money!
    I'm not saying the work he does isn't great, but I want a built-in cabinet with drawers for long-term aging. The second one on my linked page looks like it would be ideal for that, although I'd want narrower drawers, more like the first one on the same page.