Home General Discussion

Thanks UPS

JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
I was suppose to get my order yesterday, that didnt happen! When I checked the UPS site it showed my cigars were in Georgia and would be delivered the next day. Just logged in and it showed they left Georgia, went to North Carolina and is now in South Carolina. A big thanks to the clown that put them on the wrong truck! Now they won't be here til atleast October 11th! I'm really annoyed so I had to vent!

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    No kidding. I HATE UPS. All my orders take over a week to get here if it's UPS and half the time, the stuff inside is damaged.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    USPS is starting to slip too, sometimes they are on point but recently a package of mine got lost in new york for like 2 weeks before getting rerouted....it was even "delivered" to someone. Thankfully they were honest.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    LoL, man that sucks. Least the cigars are humidified, just hope the cold air doesn't harm them.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Wow that really sucks. My last order from Ccom came UPS. It took 5 days for it to get here and when it did the box was crushed on top and they left it on its side when they dropped it off. I was upset because it was a heavy box 13lbs and had my MOW Warchest in it. Some of the bags were popped but luckily nothing inside was damaged that I've seen so far. It just really makes me upset that the box was damaged because of how expensive my package was. It was a good thing the Warchest came packaged in a box of it's own with protective packing materials. What the hell though???
    Sandman1am:
    Wow that really sucks. My last order from Ccom came UPS. It took 5 days for it to get here and when it did the box was crushed on top and they left it on its side when they dropped it off. I was upset because it was a heavy box 13lbs and had my MOW Warchest in it. Some of the bags were popped but luckily nothing inside was damaged that I've seen so far. It just really makes me upset that the box was damaged because of how expensive my package was. It was a good thing the Warchest came packaged in a box of it's own with protective packing materials. What the hell though???
    Glad your warchest got there unharmed, bro. UPS managed to turn my first 100 count to smashed kindling. It was packaged with two boxes and layers of airbags between them and marked fragile. When I opened it up, BAM! A pile of dry firewood with a glass dome. It looked like someone took an ax to it.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I'm knocking on my wooden head right now. If I order from ccom Monday thru Thursday by 2PM or so, I get them the following morning by about 10 AM. Apparently the hub for me is Syracuse and it goes directly there from the PA sort site.

The package usually gets to the Syracuse sort site by midnight and to the Ithaca site by 5 AM and are put on a truck for delivery that morning. USPS usually takes an extra day to reach me, but UPS is always the next morning.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Jetmech_63:
    USPS is starting to slip too, sometimes they are on point but recently a package of mine got lost in new york for like 2 weeks before getting rerouted....it was even "delivered" to someone. Thankfully they were honest.
    We dodged a bullet on that one.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    It's gotta be US post for me. Out here on the west coast UPS takes about a week and a day to get here for the ground service. I'd never send cigars by their next day air service. I used to work in a warehouse years ago, and the packages that went next dair air always looked like they played soccer with them.
    wwhwang:
    Sandman1am:
    Glad your warchest got there unharmed, bro. UPS managed to turn my first 100 count to smashed kindling. It was packaged with two boxes and layers of airbags between them and marked fragile. When I opened it up, BAM! A pile of dry firewood with a glass dome. It looked like someone took an ax to it.
    Thanks man I'm glad it was ok too. Sorry to hear about your humi. Did you burn the remains?
    Sandman1am:
    wwhwang:
    Sandman1am:
    Thanks man I'm glad it was ok too. Sorry to hear about your humi. Did you burn the remains?
    Nah, I didn't. The company I bought it from was gracious enough to refund it in return for the scrap wood.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    NEVER USE UPS! everything I have gotten from them has been smashed , boxes broken into, orders gone to some wherhouse on the coast and sat for days untill they had enought o fill a semi to bring to sacramento area.... THEY SUCK, Fed ex is better , but i ALWAYS USE the Postal Service, although all Service companys for delivery are making huge mistakes and sucking pig Nuts i still find USPS to be the best most reasonable and most efficent!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I know mistakes happen sometimes but its frustrating when its cigars! I've been wanting to try the new diesel for awhile and now it'll be delayed. I just hope its back on the right track and not heading somewhere else again!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    Just checked the status, they're back in Georgia but will sit in a warehouse til Oct. 11th since they don't deliver Saturdays! Lucky me!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    JZ:
    Just checked the status, they're back in Georgia but will sit in a warehouse til Oct. 11th since they don't deliver Saturdays! Lucky me!
    I got some Diesel Unlimiteds if you wanna try one this weekend...
  • WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 328
    Oh good..... another opportunity to express how much I HATE UPS!!!!

Before UPS:

After UPS

• Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Russ55:
    It's gotta be US post for me. Out here on the west coast UPS takes about a week and a day to get here for the ground service. I'd never send cigars by their next day air service. I used to work in a warehouse years ago, and the packages that went next dair air always looked like they played soccer with them.
    I prefer USPS too. It gets here in a few days with USPS, but always takes a full week with UPS.

As for lost shipments, that's bound to happen with any service. They send millions of packages a day. It's amazing to me that they have so few mistakes. But when they do make a mistake, and you're the recipient, it sure does suck!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Unthought_Known:
    Russ55:
    I prefer USPS too. It gets here in a few days with USPS, but always takes a full week with UPS.

As for lost shipments, that's bound to happen with any service. They send millions of packages a day. It's amazing to me that they have so few mistakes. But when they do make a mistake, and you're the recipient, it sure does suck!
    Two reasons I prefer USPS over UPS 1. I get packages from California(i'm in Indiana) in 2 days with usps instead of 5 with UPS. 2. The UPS truck drives by my house at least 3 times in a day only to drop off packages on their way out of town around 7pm usually. USPS gets there around 11am..ALWAYS!
    t_evan50:
    Unthought_Known:
    Russ55:

Two reasons I prefer USPS over UPS 1. I get packages from California(i'm in Indiana) in 2 days with usps instead of 5 with UPS. 2. The UPS truck drives by my house at least 3 times in a day only to drop off packages on their way out of town around 7pm usually. USPS gets there around 11am..ALWAYS!
    I have had the same experience with both!
  • SchroozSchrooz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 165
    USPS does an excellent job. CCOm sends all my sticks with them and they always get to me on time and unharmed.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    UPS Tried to screw a couple of BOTL's today... I promised BigHarpoon a stick and UPS wanted $15.00 to send it to him!!! (He must live on top of a mountain somewhere). Took it to USPS and it will get there for under $5.00.