Home General Discussion

Best corona

jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
what is some of your favorite smokes in corona, lonsdale,pantella type sizes

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Man O War has a nice Corona. So does the House blend Brazilian Label. I tend to smoke Toro's mostly.

One stick that I had in a Lancero that I was NOT impressed with was the LFD Double Ligero. I LOVE these sticks, but I didn't like the Lanceros at all. Very tight draw, bad burn and tasted nothing like its bigger brothers.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I actually did a thread on this not too long ago if you look in a forum search. There were some great suggestions. But I did some decent smoking research on this and some of my favorites are: Cohiba Red Dot, Ashton VSG, Man o War regular and virtue, San Cristobal, 5 Vegas Classic, and Sol Cubano Cubin Cabinet.

But what I also found is that most cigars that offer the small ring work really well in that size. Its a classic size for a reason, so most blenders are comfortable in blending the cigar for that size. In most cases, If they didn't think that it would work good, then they wouldn't offer it.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    My favorite corona is the Casa Magna Colorado. Num num num......
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I am partial to the MOW corona.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    MOW corona, Ccom house red label is good as well. i agree with laker on the LFD DL lancero. absolutely inferior than the other vitolas in that line.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I'm new but so far my favorite is the CAO Gold Maduro. Pretty damn good imo.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I agree 100% with MOW original and Virtue. Also the RP Signature in the lancero is fantastic! It takes all the really good subtle nuances of the toro and amps them up, very tasty. Ccom Purple label is good as well.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    The LFD Camaroon Cabinet is absolutely fantastic in the lonsdale vitola. The CCOM Brazilan is pretty awesome as well in the corona. My favorite though is that LFD CC, SOOOO delicious!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I'm going to add Nestor Miranda Dominicano Lancero to the list.....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    JdN antano has a corona now... its very good.
    davidoff 2000 is very good in the corona
    LFD just put out an airbender lancero that i want to try. RyJ reserva real is best in a lonesdale
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I also want to add the Padron Palmas lonsdale.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Ccom brazilian is my fav. Corona.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Nestor Miranda Special Selection lancer and the JDN Antano Dark Corojo in a corona are both fantastic! Also the very rare Pepin Centurion in the lancero size is amazing, but almost impossible to find!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Lime and a Shot of tequila in the neck... ICE Chilled, fridge won't do
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Lasabar:
    Lime and a Shot of tequila in the neck... ICE Chilled, fridge won't do
    LOL had to read it twice
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Great thread. I love coronas, especially this time of year. My regular favorite is the sol cubano Cuban cabinet no. 4. Just got back from the factory and wanting more variety, they made me a bundle of 20 of each of the mow ruination, diesel unlimited and mow armada in a 5 x 42 size. I have yet to fire one up but plan ot try all three tomorrow if I can just shake this cold.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Alex Svenson:
    Great thread. I love coronas, especially this time of year. My regular favorite is the sol cubano Cuban cabinet no. 4. Just got back from the factory and wanting more variety, they made me a bundle of 20 of each of the mow ruination, diesel unlimited and mow armada in a 5 x 42 size. I have yet to fire one up but plan ot try all three tomorrow if I can just shake this cold.
    Please God tell me I will be able to buy these
    Alex Svenson:
    I think I just made a bit of a mess just imagining all of those! WOW! I'm a big fan of corona cigars and have always wished the diesel, MOW, and other blends similar would create them in a 5x42 size... The Cain is another I'd love to try.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    all of us corona smokers need to start bitching so the factories will make them instead of just the bigger ring gauges
    jship079:
    all of us corona smokers need to start bitching so the factories will make them instead of just the bigger ring gauges
    I'm with you on this. I love many cigars in a corona and lancero size, just wish they would offer more blends in those sizes.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Alex Svenson:
    I would love to see those sticks go mainstream, or at least a limited run on the "homie hookup" side of things.
  • GentlemanGentleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Best corona I've ever had is the CCOM Brazil.