Home General Discussion

Big Smoke NYC 2010

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
I have become seriously interested in this event. Has anyone ever gone? What should I really expect? and what BOTLs plan to go? From what I read, it's $250, and you get at least one premium cigar from every table (so far 23 venders are listed), also there is a lot of free premium wines, liquors, and beers, also food. Also a chance to roll your own cigar. And at one of the events, this was in the gift bag from the second you arrived http://s3.amazonaws.com/msc_cao/gallery/201008/gal_4c6dac362e0ea.jpg

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I'll be at the Big Smoke in Vegas this November. It's far more spendy, but I'm going for the seminars, meals, etc. in addition to the "Big Smoke" night. All told I'm hearing I should expect to walk away with a suitcase stuffed full of smokes, and basically be drunk for a week. Oh, and it's in Vegas...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I was planning on going this year to Vegas also, but ended having a baby instead...and u know how that goes ;) however, I do plan on making it next year. Hope you enjoy that Family Reserve Maduro they're gonna be handing out!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Not in the budget, maybe next fall.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Ya, it really seems like you get your money back with the free stuff at MSRP, and the free booze and food. Deff seems like fun.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    What day is it? I'd love to go.
    betasynn:
    What day is it? I'd love to go.
    http://www.cigaraficionado.com/micro/show/id/bsny Weds Dec 1
    With less than a week before the event, I thought I'd revive this thread. Who is going to NYC Big Smoke, and how was the Vegas Big Smoke for those who went?
    My loot Photobucket

Trying my hand at cigar rolling Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

My first time rolling, and I came in top 5 for best roll Photobucket
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    This sounds awesome, I'm definitely going to have to check this out sometime.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    So awesome! Looks like a blast, and congrats on coming in the top 5 your first time rolling! I wanna learn how to do that
    Been wanting to go to one of these for awhile now, looks like a ton of fun. What kind of spirits did they have?
    Patron, XO, Crown Royal, Crystal Skull Vodka, Glenlivet, and other various Rums, scotchs, gins, Taquilla, and idk and of the wine labels. And it was fun. Honestly cant really say it was worth the $240, but it was still an enjoyable evening. Rolling my own cigar was a lot of fun. Don't know if I'll ever smoke it
    PsychoSJG:
    Patron, XO, Crown Royal, Crystal Skull Vodka, Glenlivet, and other various Rums, scotchs, gins, Taquilla, and idk and of the wine labels. And it was fun. Honestly cant really say it was worth the $240, but it was still an enjoyable evening. Rolling my own cigar was a lot of fun. Don't know if I'll ever smoke it
    you should and do a review!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    My friend had two extra tickets and asked if I wanted to go. I so did but my g/f had other plans for us. Besides, dropping $240 at the moment was not really in the budget.
    rwheelwright:
    My friend had two extra tickets and asked if I wanted to go. I so did but my g/f had other plans for us. Besides, dropping $240 at the moment was not really in the budget.
    Prob worked out for the best. It was fun, but if i knew how it was gunna be, I wouldnt be too upset about missing it. I think the companies are feeling the economic crunch and weren't too generous. CAO didnt even do their thing where if you bring the nub back, that you got another stick.
    Krieg:
    PsychoSJG:
    you should and do a review!
    Ill be honest. The reason I'm afraid to smoke it is because I snuck in a stand of The Beard's ligero stands that I cut with a light saber razor, so I might die. I didn't tell the contest people it was in there in fear of being disqualified for cheating. Hahaha. But it is a La Gloria that I rolled. The owner of LGC was there and was really impressed that it was my first roll. Only mistake he said I made was that I should have taken a lil more time and stretched the leaf more while rolling. But I was deff happy with it