Home General Discussion

My name is Glen, and Im an addict

The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
Fellas, I have developed a new addiction - LIGERO!!!! Recently discovered them, and ever since very little seems to satisfy. Have tried the LFD Double Ligero, El Mejor Emerald, Gurkha Triple Ligero... and when I tried the Cain NUB, I swear - if it could cook, I would have proposed marriage right then & there! LOL

So Im curious - what ligeros is everyone loving, and are there any ligero gems out there that Im missing?

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Lfd my fav hands down
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Man O' War Ruination, Diesel Unlimited, Oliveros Swag, CAO LX2, and Oliva V
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I dunno, I like the flavor and strength. oh yeah, the lx2, I like them.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Love the LFD Ligero sumatra and Oscuro. If you like what I like about ligero, then you've got to try the Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Dark Corojo, that's a good, ligero-heavy cigar.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    j0z3r:
    Love the LFD Ligero sumatra and Oscuro. If you like what I like about ligero, then you've got to try the Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Dark Corojo, that's a good, ligero-heavy cigar.
    Mmmmm... Dark Corojo!!!!!!!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Ligeros? What do you mean? Like, what farms produce the best ligero primings?

If you mean ligero heavy cigars, I like the Kristoff Criollo Ligero a lot, and of course the LFD DL is amazing.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Oh yeah - forgot about the LHC Oscuro!!! Thanks again for introducing me to them wwhwang!

• YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    +1 on the Diesel Unlimited.
  • TheDrifterTheDrifter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    Had a Cain F the other day and throughly enjoyed that one.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    MOW Ruination and Diesel Unlimited. I'm really digging Ligero as of late well bro! Def need to try more with ligero's as those are like the only 2 I think I've had with them....lol
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Mister Glen...PM To ya bro
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Oliva serie V, ho yeah!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Try the cains in larger ring gauges. Big fan of diesel, ruination, diesel unlimited, LFD DL, Oliva V....all mentioned already. Is the opus ligero heavy? Those suckers are strong.
    ENFIDL:
    MOW Ruination and Diesel Unlimited. I'm really digging Ligero as of late well bro! Def need to try more with ligero's as those are like the only 2 I think I've had with them....lol
    You've probably had more than you realize. Any medium-full or full strength cigar you've had has probably had a healthy dose of ligero, in addition to awesome flavor, ligero adds a lot of the strength we get from cigars due to its higher positioning on the plant and how much sunlight and nutrients those leaves get relative to lower positioned leaves.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    bigharpoon:
    Oliva serie V, ho yeah!
    +1 I love this cigar.
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:
    You've probably had more than you realize. Any medium-full or full strength cigar you've had has probably had a healthy dose of ligero, in addition to awesome flavor, ligero adds a lot of the strength we get from cigars due to its higher positioning on the plant and how much sunlight and nutrients those leaves get relative to lower positioned leaves.
    I didn't realize it was utilized so much, now I must research. Thanks Joe and fyi I've been craving a shrimp burrito!!! lol
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:
    I didn't realize it was utilized so much, now I must research. Thanks Joe and fyi I've been craving a shrimp burrito!!! lol
    That's the way it goes, you come for the cigars and company, but you come back for the shrimp, you can think of the shrimp as the glue that holds the Socal herf together. ;)
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    I also love ligero...so much to where I bought a bunch of Gurkha Triple Ligeros with it's own Gurkha humi :)
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:
    That's the way it goes, you come for the cigars and company, but you come back for the shrimp, you can think of the shrimp as the glue that holds the Socal herf together. ;)
    LMAO!
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    My local shop owner makes a kickass triple ligero cigar he calls the "Lake Erie Monster" and it's awesome. Whenever I go in I end up buying at least 5 of them.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    bacon.jay:
    My local shop owner makes a kickass triple ligero cigar he calls the "Lake Erie Monster" and it's awesome. Whenever I go in I end up buying at least 5 of them.

Greg want, Greg trade Jay?

It makes me revert to my more primal psyche...
    cabinetmaker:
    bacon.jay:

Greg want, Greg trade Jay?

It makes me revert to my more primal psyche...
    Me too! lol I'd love to try these Jay, pm me after Cabi if you would like to do a second trade please
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Oliveros LTD and El Cobre. Both under the radar, super tasty, and powerful!
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846