Home General Discussion

Missed Ashton Event

PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
Well there was an Ashton event at my local B&M tonight with the owner of Ashton Cigars, Sathya Levin. Tickets to the event were $20, and when you arrived you received an ESG 21 Year Salute and a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor, as well as $20 credit towards any Ashton cigars including the La Aroma and San Cristobal lines.
Well since I work this end of the week on nights I was of course unable to attend this event, which was bad enough, but then I get a text message from my buddy Nick around 9:45pm saying he is sitting at the bar at the Black Fin with Mr. Levin smoking a Mi Amor churchill and hanging out with several guys from the company... Damn what a night to be stuck at work!!! lol

Comments

• Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    What's up with everybody missing cigar events? lol
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I feel your pain! It seems like all the cigar events in my area happen during the week, which I Can never make either.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    Krieg:
    I feel your pain! It seems like all the cigar events in my area happen during the week, which I Can never make either.
    +1 I missed a LFD event a few weeks ago because I was at work.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Dustin1981:
    Krieg:
    +1 I missed a LFD event a few weeks ago because I was at work.
    +2 Missed the Cain F tour at both B&Ms near me
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    AAhhhh Man That sucks I would love to go to an Ashton Event
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    That would suck.(missing it. Not going.:) I'm hoping to go to my first event 0ct. 15th. It's an LFD event. Can't wait.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Hell i havent seen any good events in our area for a long time, Nestor Mirannda was i Sacramento a while Back and Hays got to meet him.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Most of the cigar shops (the good ones anyway) in the upstate new york area cleared out and moved down to PA or FL. I don't blame em, but I can't see myself ever going to an event unless I take a one hour trip down to NYC.......and pay super premium prices there. Looks like I picked a bad time to pick up cigars. Just enough time to fall in love and be abandoned :(
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    My area suffers from lack of shops too, there is really only one around me, there are a couple of others but they sort of suck. One down in Salem is nice though but that's far from me. It's sad when a place like NEW YORK has sparse pickings... sad indeed.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    We have some decent ones here in San Diego but I still have never been to an event - One shop always holds their events on Tuesday nights which is impossible for me to make it to - The others are always on Fridays but I haven't had a chance to go - There is an Oliva event coming up on the 8th of this month which I may try to go to
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Hell i havent seen any good events in our area for a long time, Nestor Mirannda was i Sacramento a while Back and Hays got to meet him.
    How far are you from Fresno Oz? There is going to be a Drew Estate dinner in November and the Dirty Rat and JD4 will be the featured cigars. Would love to attend that one.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Im not that far from fresno I do not think? LOL Shoot me a PM JOZ
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    ironhorse:
    Most of the cigar shops (the good ones anyway) in the upstate new york area cleared out and moved down to PA or FL. I don't blame em, but I can't see myself ever going to an event unless I take a one hour trip down to NYC.......and pay super premium prices there. Looks like I picked a bad time to pick up cigars. Just enough time to fall in love and be abandoned :(
    There's a great B&M in Fayetteville(suburb of Syracuse) called Edward Thomas that I go to, I just went to an Ashton (Mi Amor) event a few weeks ago. They have a big walk-in and a ton of lounge areas, unfortunately most of which are members-only.
    The owners are great, very knowledgeable and friendly.