Home General Discussion

Bugatti Lighter issues

AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
Does anyone else with this lighter have problems with it? I got it last year with the Camacho DD and it worked for about a week. And it's been crap since then. It always lets me down.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    What's the problem with the lighter? Is the fuel not coming through, is it not sparking, is the punch cutter on it dull as a spoon? If the fuel's not coming out, but it's sparking, try taking a can of compressed air and blowing down the tubes since it's probably a clog from the impurities in the fuel. If it's not sparking, then it's a malfunctioning ignition system and you need to get it repaired. If your punch is dull...well, guilloutines are better.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    Well, it sparks but the flame immediately goes out. But it sounds like I could still hear the fuel hissing out. I'm baffled!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    you need to purge the lighter completely then use a fuel that is triple refined or better. the cheap stuff just wont work.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    What Kuzi said and/or adjust the flame. If it's too low it won't stay lit.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I got it, lit about 5 sticks with it so far.... Works okay

I'm just miffed that I thought it was a $100 lighter but it's no different than any other lighters I've had
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    I use Mine every Day all the time, What Kuzi Said, I use Vector Fuel or Colibri, or Xikar its woorth the extra cash for good fuel.... Also I find Blowing out the Flame thrower every once in a while makes it Blast great adjust the flame or it east fuel. Mine works great never had a problem once i tweeked it and EVRYONE who sees it or Uses it wants it! Its a MANS Lighter!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Lasabar:

I'm just miffed that I thought it was a $100 lighter but it's no different than any other lighters I've had
    It's actually a $20 Vector lighter with a Bugatti stamp on it.
    docbp87:
    Lasabar:

HUH?
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:
    Lasabar:

HUH?

Vector Knight.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I had the same problem with my Bugatti. Took forever to purge, but once I did I turned the valve all the way down and filled it up, Works perfectly now.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    You have got to be kidding... This is actually a $20 lighter?
    docbp87:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:
    Lasabar:

HUH?

Vector Knight.

I think the Vector copied the Buggati hee ive seen this Vector Lighter its much cheaper made and is a lot lighter than the Buggati I have......
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Have you been using Ronson butane? I know this stuff seems to cause a lot of issues with torches lighters but it sound like you just need to play with the flame adjustment. Also where are you located? if you are at a high altitude it could be the lower oxygen content. And Yes Vector did copy the B1 if you look at the night its a dead ringer except the Vector uses philips head screws and the B1 uses allen screws. It is made at 2 different places by 2 different companies.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Have you been using Ronson butane? I know this stuff seems to cause a lot of issues with torches lighters but it sound like you just need to play with the flame adjustment. Also where are you located? if you are at a high altitude it could be the lower oxygen content. And Yes Vector did copy the B1 if you look at the night its a dead ringer except the Vector uses philips head screws and the B1 uses allen screws. It is made at 2 different places by 2 different companies.
    Interesting. I read otherwise on another forum, but looking at my lighter, and looking at the photo, it seems probable that you are indeed correct. Good call.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive seen this vector in person. like others have said, it does not have the same feel.