Home General Discussion

Waxing Moon Humidor Thread

Comments

• WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 328
    Good day in the shop.... Got all the lids glued together and on to the boxes, did a couple with splines and beveled one of the lids.... Oh... check out the curl in that walnut that is going to be the lid on Matador's quilted maple humidor.....

Also...just a quick snapshot of what the Waxing Moon shop looks like...

• sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    do you want an apprentice??
    i dont mind sweeping up saw dust for the next few years ;)
    Things are going great.... They're all humidors now with the exception of the Zebrawood & Walnut... but, that should be soon. They've been lined - I just need to install the hingework and make the trays and these will be down the road.... Then we'll have a nice new batch to play with....

• Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Man, nice humis...and like how your shop is so clean, wish I could keep my garage that way lol
    Sorry for being a little slow on the updates.... running to the hospital and work has been taking most of my time to do the updates.... But, here's a few for now...

#66 - Walnut & Cherry

#70 - Cherry & Walnut

Walnut & Wengey.... #61

The Mahogany & Wenge should be coming off the bench tomorrow.... #58

image Have several more in various stages of assembly.... I'll get 'em posted as they start to look like humis....
    Don't forget the friends and family....

Merry Christmas Everybody!

As you can see.... pretty busy in the Waxing Moon shop..... A bunch of humis in various stages sitting on the bench at the moment...

To highlight a couple.... Here is a Quilted Maple & Walnut.... This thing is huge... 34" x 13" x 10 and should be good for about 650 cigars... The quilted maple will pop significantly when oiled.

And here is a Macassar Ebony & Gabon Ebony humidor... 18" x 14" x 8"... I can't wait for this thing to come together...

And.... I just have to show this Walnut lid.... look at that curl.... It's framed up with Wenge.... The bottom picture has mineral spirits wiped on to give an idea of what it will look like when finished....

Calling these two done....

#68 - Mahogany & Wenge 16" x 12" x7" 190 Count.... On it's way to Japan come Monday....

#71 - Walnut & Wenge.... love the curl in the lid! 16" x 12" x 7" 190 Count

More updates throughout the weekend....

Pretty good couple of days in the shop.... wish I could have had more time, but.... still enjoyed every minute of it....

I'll start out with Matador's.... I know he's been waiting. I have the lid put together and she's lined... still have to do the hinge work and stuff... and build out the trays... and Sand, Sand Sand.... I can't wait to oil up that quilted maple.... as it will really pop!

Next up is a sweet Figured Cherry & Walnut.... glass top. She's a humidor as well. Just gotta do the interior trays and clean her up and she'll be out the door...

Zebrawood & Walnut..... I have the glass - ready to install.... she's lined and almost ready... I'll get the glass put in tomorrow...

Teak & Walnut.... waiting on some hardware...

Goncalo Alves & Ebony.... Just getting started on this one...

I have one more on the bench that I'm waiting for glue to dry... and then I'm going to bevel the lid... I'll post that in about 1/2 hour.... you'll like it..

Nice way to finish the day.... gotta love ebony on ebony...

• ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    i like #'s 58, 61, and 68. i'd love to buy one sometime, idk how soon it would be, just to help you out and because i need another humidor. one final thing, i've always wanted to try and make a humidor, was it hard starting out?
    It's been pretty busy down in the shop... there is a lot more to show than what I am showing here.... I should have a few humidors coming off the bench over the weekend.... and I will make sure I have time to take some good pictures....

Here's a couple pictures that I took last night... I just ran out of time to get pictures of some of the other stuff.....

Zebrawood & Walnut.... just about ready. Need to oil her up and polish... clean her up and she'll be out the door....

I lined the Ebony.... just need to do some tray work and sand...sand...sand.. oil & polish...

And then there's the vino trays....` or, I guess I should say Edgestar...

More later....

• JY001JY001 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    Gulp...are those Vino Trays....well, you know.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Hey Ed check your email...crumbcatcher tiime....
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    What size edgstar do you have? That is a pretty sweet setup..
    shamrocked:
    What size edgstar do you have? That is a pretty sweet setup..
    That's a Edgestar 28.....
    Just finished up #72! 20 x 12 x 9... 300 count... Four levels!

Figured Cherry & Walnut... she's a beaut! image

• t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    WaxingMoon:
    Just finished up #72! 20 x 12 x 9... 300 count... Four levels!

Figured Cherry & Walnut... she's a beaut! image

Probably my favorite so far. I really wish I had office to put one of these bad boys in.
    Good day in the shop today... did some tray work and oiled up Matador's humidor... and Chett's zebrawood is about ready to come off the bench... Just about done with the trays on the ebony one as well....

And... Finally, I got the panel back on the "Cougidor".... Go Cougars... she'll be out the door in a couple of days...

• nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    Some beautiful humidors!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    A couple more rolling off the bench....

#60 - Zebrawood & Walnut...24 x 13 x 8, right at 350 count.... She's a sweetheart...

And finally.... #57 - The "Cougidor"... This monster weighs in at 26x14x14 - 724 count.... She's a beast.... for sure. Quilted Maple & Cocobolo

And.... while we're talking about quilted maple.... check out this one... She ain't done.... but, damn... look at that grain!

• smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    that "Cougidor" is absolutely aaamaazzzing
    Here's a couple more that just rolled out....

#67 - Macassar & Gabon Ebony ~ 18" x 14" x 8" ~ 288 Count

#69 - Teak & Walnut ~ 16" x 12" x 7" ~ 190 Count

• The ColonelThe Colonel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    First off. These are absolutely beautiful. And second thank you - visiting your website I took the time to read and down load the "seasoning" instructions for humidors. I have had a small desk top that I have just not had much luck maintaining any level of humidity. Did the dollar bill test and found out that it actually has a decent seal. I've moved my precious cigars to a temporary home, tuperdor with a Boveda for safe keeping and am slowly bringing my humidor to where it needs to be. Although not on this forum for long... you folks sure are a valuable source of information. So again Thanks.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    Beautiful work WM! I swear I'm falling in love with quilted maple just from seeing your humidors.
  • Ironmick63Ironmick63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 100
    Hey Waxing Moon, I was wondering if you could make a Harley Davidson 300ct with drawers and what it would cost me. If you could PM the information. Or if you have any 300ct with drawers thanks Steven (ironmick63)
    There's quite a bit going on..... Here's a few that I have pictures of...

#68 - Goncalo Alves & Ebony.... 19" x 13" x 8"... 275 count...

#74 - Cocobolo.... 16" x 12" x 7" .... 190 count...

#78 - Walnut.... 16" x 12" x 7" .... 190 count... I know, it looks like a clamp storage device...

#76 - The beginning of Bird's Eye Maple & Bloodwood....

#78 - Some curly walnut getting some epoxy treatment - this is going to be married up with Bird's Eye Maple...

• xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    PM to ya Waxing Moon.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    bump.

sent you a PM, WaxingMoon!