Home General Discussion

Contest winnings from j0z3r

ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
I just got home from the office, and there was a large box sitting on the porch with my name on it. I figure it's gotta be my winnings from Joe's 1,000 post contest. Lets open it and see whats inside.

Alright, where is my pocket knife? Aw, hell, this screwdriver will work.

(Rustling newspaper) Holy crap, there is shiny. A bitchin' looking travel case.

I snap open the case, this thing is packed so tight that cigars are literally jumping out of it! Oh my god, is that what I think it is? Yes, yes it is...(details withheld to protect the guilty)

Let's run down the list of what else is here, Gurkha Grand Age perfecto, Torano Exodus 1959, Hoyo De Monterrey Dark Sumatra, a pair of Don Carlos #3, Camacho Triple Maduro, Padilla Corojo 2006, Oliva Special S, a HUGE Camacho 1962, Diamond Crown Maximus, Gran Habano VL, GH Corojo #5, CAO CX2, Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, and a Gurkha Regent.

Holy Crap. This is awesome. All but 3 are cigars I've never smoked, nor currently have in the humi. They all look awesome. Just last night, I was asking myself how I've never tried a CX2, now I can. It's a good thing UPS is bringing me a new humidor tomorrow, cuz I don't have room for all these.

Thank you very much, Joe. And for all you suckers that gave up early on the contest, only to get beaten by 1 or 2 points, ha ha :-P

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Congrats, Scram! Nice send, jozer! Since this has gotten out of hand, I pledge to reset the bar nice and low with my 1K contest :)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Scrambler:
    (details withheld to protect the guilty)
    I plead the fifth. :)

Glad to know you're pleased with it. The CX2 is a cigar that no cameroon lover, or cigar lover for that matter, should do without.

Curiosity: What are the three you have smoked/have in the humi?
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    j0z3r:
    I have Gran Habano VL in the humi, but haven't smoked one. I've smoked a Camacho 1962, but not in this size. I've smoked one Regent.

This Padilla figurado looks really interesting, but I can't seem to find any info on it.
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:
    I have Gran Habano VL in the humi, but haven't smoked one. I've smoked a Camacho 1962, but not in this size. I've smoked one Regent.

This Padilla figurado looks really interesting, but I can't seem to find any info on it.
    It's the Padilla Achilles, and FWIW it's a salamon, not to say that's not still a figurado. It is one of their Edicion Especial blends, like the Obsidian. Here's a description taken from somewhere else.

"This is the new and improved Padilla Achilles, a deliciously rich blend hailing from Nicaragua and boasting a dark, redolent Habano wrapper. Leathery, oily, and booming with rich flavors, the enchanting wrapper disguises a medium-bodied recipe of long-leaf tobaccos from Nicaragua, Honduras, and the Dominican. It is fundamentally smooth and earthy with a pleasantly rich touch that coats the palate with each puff. Hints of toasted wood are present throughout, complementing the peppery-sweet aftertaste rather nicely. The Achilles blend is medium in body but layered with rich, toasty flavors, providing another boutique gem from Ernesto Padilla..."
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:

It's the Padilla Achilles, and FWIW it's a salamon, not to say that's not still a figurado. It is one of their Edicion Especial blends, like the Obsidian. Here's a description taken from somewhere else.

"This is the new and improved Padilla Achilles, a deliciously rich blend hailing from Nicaragua and boasting a dark, redolent Habano wrapper. Leathery, oily, and booming with rich flavors, the enchanting wrapper disguises a medium-bodied recipe of long-leaf tobaccos from Nicaragua, Honduras, and the Dominican. It is fundamentally smooth and earthy with a pleasantly rich touch that coats the palate with each puff. Hints of toasted wood are present throughout, complementing the peppery-sweet aftertaste rather nicely. The Achilles blend is medium in body but layered with rich, toasty flavors, providing another boutique gem from Ernesto Padilla..."

Sounds nummy! :0
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Jealousy and drool = Me
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:

Sounds nummy! :0
    It is nummy. Though patience is key with this one.