Home General Discussion

Cigarillos/Tins

wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
I've been thinking of picking up some tins or cigarillos since I sometimes don't have an hour or two to just sit and smoke. Any suggestions on what to get? I've been thinking about Alta Gracia, but I dunno if I wanna get a box of 50 if I don't like it. Also, do I need to put cigarillos in the humidor as well?

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    wwhwang:
    I've been thinking of picking up some tins or cigarillos since I sometimes don't have an hour or two to just sit and smoke. Any suggestions on what to get? I've been thinking about Alta Gracia, but I dunno if I wanna get a box of 50 if I don't like it. Also, do I need to put cigarillos in the humidor as well?
    I was picked to do a cigar tasting/review for Cigar Magazine last year, and what they sent me was Cigarillos. I couldn't believe how good those little sticks tasted. I had about 15 boxes w/ 10 cigars in each box. I had anything from Macanudo to Monticristo White labels, and have to say they tasted just like their bigger brothers. So my recommendation would just to go find the little brothers of the cigars you like now. The sizes come in hand in the winter time when you don't want a hour long smoke and freeze your balls off weather.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    wwhwang:
    Hwangif you want I'll and you some Alta Gracia's and you make the move on those. In my opinion I would say go with Montecristo's or Macs
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    LFD and Davidoff make my two favorite cigarillos. Oh and the Petite Tatuaje, but those tend to last a really long time.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    I have been finding them in all brands lately. I have had the Oliva serie G and it was a good smoke but a bit on the expensive side. $16 for a tin of 5. If I could find them for around 12-13 a tin it would be a regular for me.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Unfortunately, I've never had any Montecristo, only had one Macanudo, and I can't seem to find ajy cigarillos from Davidoff nor LFD. I wish there were Ruination cigarillos. Man O' War Pygmy hehe.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    DPG (original blues) demi tasse are the size of cigarillos. I don't think they sell them in tins though. But they are very nice for a 'quickie'.
    I also just picked up a tin of CAO maduros for the colder months to come, but I haven't tried one yet - will report back in a couple of months.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I've had the CAO maduro cigarillo. It was a tasty quickie.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Cohiba makes a red dot cigarillo that I liked a good deal. You can find those most places.
    If you have a way... the ISOM Clubs and Cigarillos are awesome as well.

The CAO tins are good, but a little pricey for what you get IMO.
    So I'm guessing I still put them in the humidor as they're still tobacco, right?
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    wwhwang:
    So I'm guessing I still put them in the humidor as they're still tobacco, right?
    I keep mine in the humi
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I've had several from LFD, Tatuaje, Cabiguan, and the CAO Brazillia tins. They were all quite delicious. 20-40 minute smokes, depending on the brand. If you ignore my signature and pretend I'm not biased, the LFDs are ridiculously awesome. I've had two blends of their cigarillos and loved them almost as much as their full-sized cigars. Almost!
    lcpleel:
    wwhwang:
    I keep mine in the humi
    Yep. I take them out of their tins and have them in a small open box in my coolidor. No reason for it, I just do.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    The demitasse from H. Upmann is very nice. Also, Perdomo has released the Champagne and 10th Maduro in a smaller, tin format, haven't tried them yet but have heard good things.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the LFD Carajos are very good. they come in a spanish cedar box of 6. i have one box of those sitting waaaaay at the bottem of the aging humidor. i think they will age well. they are little fire crackers. i think age will do them much good.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    i put a request in to tim and the guys at video@cigar.com a little while ago about all the smaller cigars ccom carry. so fingers crossed they will do a video some time :)
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    The Ashton maduro cigarillos and the Habana Cohiba cigarillos are both very good. the rest that Ive tried, maybe not so much.....floor sweepings.
  • MrGreenMachineMrGreenMachine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 89
    I have a few left of Oliva Serie O habano in the tin. $10 for the tin of 5. Nice smoke just like it's big brother. Now if I can only find it in the maduro.....
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    j0z3r:
    The demitasse from H. Upmann is very nice. Also, Perdomo has released the Champagne and 10th Maduro in a smaller, tin format, haven't tried them yet but have heard good things.
    Did not know that about the Perdomo 10ths - gonna keep my eye out for those.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I REALLY REALLY like the AF Exquisitos. They are 33 x 4.00" and come in a box of 50! Perfect for those cold nights when you don't want to be outside for much longer than a half hour. They also come in Natural, Maduro, or Sun Grown.

Smoking the new Petite Cazadores Reserva from Tatuaje, and it is F'ing amazing. The broadleaf wrapper is KILLER. It is also a 4x40. Smallish, but not cigarillo or anything. Would definitely be a good winter smoke.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    docbp87:
    Smoking the new Petite Cazadores Reserva from Tatuaje, and it is F'ing amazing. The broadleaf wrapper is KILLER. It is also a 4x40. Smallish, but not cigarillo or anything. Would definitely be a good winter smoke.
    Seconded. One of the best smokes I've had in a long time. Definitely worth investing in a box.
    sightunseen:
    docbp87:
    Seconded. One of the best smokes I've had in a long time. Definitely worth investing in a box.
    Where can I get a box of those. And how much is a box?
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    wwhwang:
    sightunseen:
    docbp87:
    Where can I get a box of those. And how much is a box?
    There is a site that has a lot of Tat stuff, but I only see 5-packs of them for sale. I'll PM you the link.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Hmmmm , I have been looking at these for a While at My Local B&m and have yet to pull the rigger, But when I am In there Having a cigar i see several what I would call old timers come in and grab some, I just write them off as White Owl Lovers... Maybe I better Rethink this as Some of the guys I respect there CIgar Opinion seem to like some of them. Thanks Guys!