Home General Discussion

Went to a nice little event today...

brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
Went to Paso Robles, CA today for the Crush & Roll West met up with a great BOTL Jetmech and his wife for a great day or cigars and wine. They had vendors from Rocky Patel, Partagas, Camacho, Room 101, Davidoff, Alec Bradley, Arganese, Los Blancos, Savinelli, and a couple of smaller labels like Diginity and Adrian's Cigars. I think we each got about 14 cigars and at least 11 different ones. Just a great day to enjoy the sunshine and smoke cigars.

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Nice day bro! Wish I can have an entire day just chillin and having cigars! What kind of Davidoff were you able to get your hand on? Or any unique/new cigars?
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    It was a really awesome day, Thanks for making it hapen Jeff! The Davidoffs were Puro d' Oro. No taste, kinda like smoking slightly flavored bitter air. Started off ok but went down hill from there. The gal (more like pretentous ***) was only giving them out if you werent smoking a cigar and you had to take it from her lit....what ever, typical davidoff..... Then there was a guy from "Dignity" cigars, jeff had a wicked draw problem on his and mine refused to burn straight. Very bad example of costa rican maduro as well. No Dignity..... Camacho was handing out Room 101's and Criollo, Partagas was there with their Black line as well as the traditional cameroons, RP (one of the coolest RP reps "Ty" was manning the booth), kind of disappointing. All he had was Nording short torpedos. Dont get me wrong i love me some Nording, especially after a year but i was hoping for 15th anniversaries. Alec bradley had his SCR's and.....something else....wasnt the tempus. Los Blancos had a cigar the size of a small telephone pole, might take that on tomorrow. Lots of good wine vendors from local Paso Robles area, though it was kind of warm for reds they had plenty of chilled ones, and lunch was phenomenal. All in all a thoroughly kick ass day.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Yo Vinny

The one I got from Alec Bradley was called the "Family Blend" and I think the "small telephone pole" was Arganese, the lady from Los Blancos was handing them out for the Arganese guy who was doing a seminar. I looked them up they are the Arganese Santiago Sweet Pigtail. Like you said though "a thoroughly kick ass day"
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    GAHH! Jeff, glad you had a great day. Seriously, I think I need to come down and visit Dad more often...so I can herf with you guys more often :-P
    brotheradam:
    Yo Vinny

The one I got from Alec Bradley was called the "Family Blend" and I think the "small telephone pole" was Arganese, the lady from Los Blancos was handing them out for the Arganese guy who was doing a seminar. I looked them up they are the Arganese Santiago Sweet Pigtail. Like you said though "a thoroughly kick ass day"
    I forgot the most "Epic" part as Vinny says...I'm on the way home and get stopped by the Highway Patrol for speeding and the guy asks where I'm coming from I said "a cigar event" he says "I used to smoke cigars but don't anymore". I asked what he used to smoke he said "mostly Cohiba". We talked cigars for a few minutes and then he let me go with a warning. Another reason I'm glad I smoke cigars :)
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    brotheradam:
    brotheradam:
    Yo Vinny

I forgot the most "Epic" part as Vinny says...I'm on the way home and get stopped by the Highway Patrol for speeding and the guy asks where I'm coming from I said "a cigar event" he says "I used to smoke cigars but don't anymore". I asked what he used to smoke he said "mostly Cohiba". We talked cigars for a few minutes and then he let me go with a warning. Another reason I'm glad I smoke cigars :)
    He was a lapsed BOTL, but a BOTL none the less ;)
    Very true, and I didn't even have to offer his one from by bounty from the event !