Home General Discussion

Moving into fall...what do you enjoy?

PKJHPKJH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
Moving into fall here is Chicagoland. What types of smokes do you enjoy as the weather changes? I tend to move to a more full strength cigar to warm my bones with a nice red wine. And you?

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    something short and tasty and quick! I hate freezing my ass off while smoking a cigar.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I just loaded up on some Gran Habano Vintage 2002 robustos to rest for a few months before the snow gets here. It's a good cheap smoke that I can enjoy in that 45 minute to an hour range and inexpensive enough that if I get too cold, I don't mind setting it down early. This is my favorite time of the year to have a cigar. At night, I'll go out in the garage with with a sweatshirt and enjoy the cool night with my laptop and listen to sports radio, wheather it's a high school football game or just Dan Patrick.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Cohiba Pequenos, nice tasting short smoke.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Krieg:
    something short and tasty and quick! I hate freezing my ass off while smoking a cigar.
    +1 to that. Have to retreat to the garage or better yet the hot tub.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I don't think I am that sorry, maybe a little, that I don't know what you guys are talking about; what's fall? In SoCal, is it the time when the evenings go from the low 70's to the upper 60's? LOL

To be honest I enjoy everything but a Churchill when the fall comes
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    +1 with you on that....here in MD. I realize that as the fall approaches cold weather is not far behind. Smoking outside is not as enjoyable and the smokes have to be quick. Don't really get to smoke as much in the winter...but I will try to get as much in as possible in the fall.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    fall is when i actively seek out corojo wrappers. a few of you may have seen me reference the Cusano Corojo Vintage 97 as being the perfect fall smoke.
    if you have yet to try one, see for yourself. best on one of the days where the leaves have changed, but not yet fallen off the trees.
    make yourself a fire. drink with spiced rum and hot apple cider. relax. one of my favorite nights of the year.
  • SgtRickSgtRick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 75
    Fall here in Baghdad is when the temp finally is under 100 for the high. Will do my smoking on R&R in Houston in 2 weeks. Then it will be a variety of smokes, something different every night.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    In Florida, fall and winter means temps down in the 60's and 70's, so it's a perfect time to enjoy a nice long churchill with a Sam Adams Octoberfest
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Autumn is my favorite time of year. I've already seen some leaves change color here. I happened to get some Cusano Corojo 97s a few weeks ago and agree that it is a great fall smoke. Generally, I enjoy spicier smokes in the winter. I had a Ccom Sungrown yesterday that complemented the weather nicely.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    kuzi16:
    fall is when i actively seek out corojo wrappers. a few of you may have LASSY reference the Cusano Corojo Vintage 97 as being the perfect fall smoke.
    if you have yet to try one, see for yourself. best on one of the days where the leaves have changed, but not yet fallen off the trees.
    make yourself a fire. drink with spiced rum and hot apple cider. relax. one of my favorite nights of the year.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Anything and everything. The Temperature get's down to the 70's and is just great baring any Santa Ana Winds. On cold nights, cold being in the 50's, I light up my chimera and enjoy the fire with something nice and full bodied usually paired with scotch. Aberlour 16 is one of my favorites when it gets cold. Recently I've also been liking some Islay single malts more and more.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Fall is still a pipedream here in Florida, expecting temps in the mid 90's through the weekend
  • teebone673teebone673 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 111
    My favorite fall/winter short smoke: Pepin Cuban Classic Perla
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    kuzi16:
    fall is when i actively seek out corojo wrappers. a few of you may have seen me reference the Cusano Corojo Vintage 97 as being the perfect fall smoke.
    +1 on that buddy. I also enjoy the Camacho Corojo on a nice fall day.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    kuzi16:
    hmm, sounds pretty good! What kind of spiced rum do you typically pair? Do you mix it with the hot apple cider or do you just pick one or the other?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    mixed. usually captain morgans. just heat up in the microwave.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I enjoy a nap in the fall and thats about it. I don't know what it is about the weather in the fall and in the spring but all I want to do is sleeeeeeeeeeep. And talking about warm apple cider only makes me more sleepy.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    Everything. Fall is my prime smoking time as my porch is actually habitable. I don't mind the cold one bit, and even come the winter I actually enjoy being out there (with layered clothes, my smoking blanket and infrared heater).

With summer being a slow month to smoke at home my cigars get some more age than they're used to so that's a nice bonus as well.
  • dan8052dan8052 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    In the Mid-Atlantic area the temperature this time of year is just beautiful. This past weekend I sat out on the deck and enjoyed a MOW w/chocolate martini. Hands-down, nothing better! Try it, you'll like it. I can't wait until tomorrow afternoon.
  • StarbuckStarbuck Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    I'm not too picky, but I do enjoy a nice red wine with my smoke. Really enjoy sitting on the deck with a quality cigar and a nice glass of red.