Home General Discussion

alternate online vendor?

theadamtheadam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
Hi all, not sure if this has been asked before or not, but is there a regular "alternate" you guys use (other than CI) to buy your sticks? Anyone have similar service to ccom?

Thanks!

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    theadam:
    Hi all, not sure if this has been asked before or not, but is there a regular "alternate" you guys use (other than CI) to buy your sticks? Anyone have similar service to ccom? Thanks!
    To be honest, no other site has similar customer service as we've received from here. And please keep in mind that as a courtesy to CCom, we don't talk about nor advertise for rival sites here.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    IMO Ccom's service can't be beat by anybody, and their prices don't give me any reason to shop anywhere else (95% of the time).

• DHawkDHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    I'm new to the forum but I'm still gonna say that it's not cool to ask on Cigar.com's forum where ELSE to buy cigars.

At least I wouldn't think so.
  • theadamtheadam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    Sorry, should have specified what I want ccom can't/won't carry. Otherwise I would not shop elsewhere, nor would I ask.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    theadam:
    Hi all, not sure if this has been asked before or not, but is there a regular "alternate" you guys use (other than CI) to buy your sticks? Anyone have similar service to ccom? Thanks!
    It's in poor taste to discuss other vendors sites on here. To answer your question, no. I don't waste my time buying from other sites. Not when ccom will price match, and give service so far above what is required or expected.
    theadam:
    Sorry, should have specified what I want ccom can't/won't carry. Otherwise I would not shop elsewhere, nor would I ask.
    Give them a call. Often times they can find stuff that they don't list. Worst they can do is say they can't get it.
    I. Get. That.

My issue is, ccom doesn't carry the cigar I want. Otherwise, again, I would have not asked.
    theadam:
    I. Get. That. My issue is, ccom doesn't carry the cigar I want. Otherwise, again, I would have not asked.
    Have you tried emailing or calling CCom? Sometimes, they have stuff in stock that they can't advertise or just never added to their brands list.
    Yes I have. They are 3 for 3 on discontinuing my favorites. I would rather try to find the cigars I enjoy most.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    What exactly are you looking for?
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    yeah i have called them and they got me some hard to find stuff and they had stuff that was not on the website
    Mostly Cusano 18 double conn robustos, also cuvee blancs.
    theadam:
    Mostly Cusano 18 double conn robustos, also cuvee blancs.
    If I remember correctly, all Cusano lines were discontinued because Cusano was demanding more money than CCom would accept, which would make Cusano prices skyrocket.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    yeah i think i remember something about that.....i think alex mentioned something like that too.....i think about 4 or 5 months ago......
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    theadam:
    simply put...Nope
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    The only time I buy from a different online retailer is when purchasing items that CCom does not stock, or hasn't had for a while. Otherwise, they are always my #1 choice.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Hi theadam, the full line of Cusano products with the exception of the Cuvee line will be back in stock and online within a few weeks. We have not stocked it in the past year or so but recently decided to bring the line back. If you are interested in reserving a box off our next shipment, I am sure we would be happy to make you a great offer to earn all of your future cusano business. Give us a buzz or if you would rather wait, check back on the site in a few weeks.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Alex Svenson:
    Hi theadam, the full line of Cusano products with the exception of the Cuvee line will be back in stock and online within a few weeks. We have not stocked it in the past year or so but recently decided to bring the line back. If you are interested in reserving a box off our next shipment, I am sure we would be happy to make you a great offer to earn all of your future cusano business. Give us a buzz or if you would rather wait, check back on the site in a few weeks.

And there you have it !!! Another great example of how CCOM looks out for us !!!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    theadam:
    I. Get. That.
    I. Don't. Like. Pushy. People...
    I guess you're somewhat lucky it's early in the night and I'm only 1/2 a beer in... Otherwise I'd have fun...

But honestly, you don't go to a Porsche Dealership and then when a guy buy's a Porsche you walk up to him and say "Hey, no offense, but I don't like Porsche's, do you know where I can get a BMW?" Not the perfect translation, but you get my drift
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Lasabar:
    theadam:
    I. Get. That.
    I guess you're somewhat lucky it's early in the night and I'm only 1/2 a beer in... Otherwise I'd have fun...

But honestly, you don't go to a Porsche Dealership and then when a guy buy's a Porsche you walk up to him and say "Hey, no offense, but I don't like Porsche's, do you know where I can get a BMW?" Not the perfect translation, but you get my drift
    1/2 a beer? it's a bit late, a little rusty aye? lol...
    phobicsquirrel:
    Lasabar:
    theadam:
    I. Get. That.

I know... Stupid Job getting in the way of my alcoholism!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Lasabar:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Lasabar:
    theadam:
    I. Get. That.

I know... Stupid Job getting in the way of my alcoholism!
    lol.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Guys, let's not beat up theadam too bad, his question is a little naive but still a valid question, he even clarified that he was looking for stuff ccom didn't advertise. Alex made a wonderful comeback and am sure we all agree that is why we all love ccom so much, the service is impeccable, from the free advise and guidance we get when phoning in to Kelly's saturday deals, and everything in between, however, I don't think we should censor or restrict valid questions esspecially from noobs, if someone wants to discuss another vendor they should be able to, otherwise this is not a forum, a place for free thought. ccom employees correct me if i am wrong, but they can use this to fine tune they're marketing, now I'm not advocating someone doing a "signup for Thompsons 250 club and I'll split the referral with you thread" but we should be able to have open and honest discourse, ccom can benefit to know that someone else is offering the same box of sticks for $20 less and so on and be able to change there marketing strategy or query their supplier as to why with their volume they are not able to make the same offer?

I may be wrong here and ccom staff are welcome to straighten me out in the thread or by PM

Also, as a consumer let me tell you this, I make most of my cigar purchases (which are ca considerable part of my monthly budget) via ccom, ci or cigarbid.com that probably accounts for 60% of it, they're all owned by the same parent company, and I just go with where the deals are. I always shop ccom's prices, i'd be a fool not to. Sometimes, I'll buy from other vendors online if the price is good and not call ccom for a price match, the reason being, i don't want these other guys to go out of business, marketing 101 says a competetive marketplace is a consumers marketplace, so about 15% go to other online retailers. Then let's not forget the little guys, I spend about 25% in B&Ms, because i want those guys there when I want to smoke and the heat index is 110 in Houston and I need to be in an air conditioned environment.

I don't think we are going to hurt ccom by shopping elsewhere, granted we shouldn't 'advertise' other vendors on this forum, that would be tacky, but the best thing we can do for ccom is tell our BOTL friends, 'this is where i spend most of my money', but I make sure that their prices are competitive first, that way ccom deservedly stay the market leader but our comments come across as 'honest and impartial'

Also, let's not be hypocritical, an established member here has been very vocal about the 262 Paradigms, and their upcoming new lines, but we all know, soon enough, those are marketed to b&Ms and via the 262 site directly, but we talk about them here, I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a finite budget, so if i buy something that ccom can't sell from elsewhere thats money i won't spend at ccom. now the kicker is would i have bought something else that ccom do offer..... food for thought.

I'll get down off my soap-box now, ;)

Lasabar:
    theadam:
    I. Get. That.

Wow, I guess you sure showed me there.  You should be proud of yourself and your alcohol intake control.

@Alex, thank you.  I have been a loyal ccom customer for 3+ years and will continue to be, regardless of some immature internet bullies here.

to those who offered constructive comments, thank you.  I will go back to no longer participating here, you win.
    theadam:
    Lasabar:
    theadam:
    I. Get. That.

Wow, I guess you sure showed me there.  You should be proud of yourself and your alcohol intake control.

@Alex, thank you.  I have been a loyal ccom customer for 3+ years and will continue to be, regardless of some immature internet bullies here.

to those who offered constructive comments, thank you.  I will go back to no longer participating here, you win.
    Sorry if I was one of those bullies, man. Some guys here love CCom so much that they'll fight for CCom adamantly. They're really good people once you get to know them. I try to help out as much as possible, but again, I'm sorry if we were too harsh. Hope we haven't turned you away.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    personally i like the double maduro a lot more than the double connecticut.
  • TheDrifterTheDrifter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    MrMoke:
    Guys, let's not beat up theadam too bad, his question is a little naive but still a valid question, he even clarified that he was looking for stuff ccom didn't advertise. Alex made a wonderful comeback and am sure we all agree that is why we all love ccom so much, the service is impeccable, from the free advise and guidance we get when phoning in to Kelly's saturday deals, and everything in between, however, I don't think we should censor or restrict valid questions esspecially from noobs, if someone wants to discuss another vendor they should be able to, otherwise this is not a forum, a place for free thought. ccom employees correct me if i am wrong, but they can use this to fine tune they're marketing, now I'm not advocating someone doing a "signup for Thompsons 250 club and I'll split the referral with you thread" but we should be able to have open and honest discourse, ccom can benefit to know that someone else is offering the same box of sticks for $20 less and so on and be able to change there marketing strategy or query their supplier as to why with their volume they are not able to make the same offer?

I may be wrong here and ccom staff are welcome to straighten me out in the thread or by PM

Also, as a consumer let me tell you this, I make most of my cigar purchases (which are ca considerable part of my monthly budget) via ccom, ci or cigarbid.com that probably accounts for 60% of it, they're all owned by the same parent company, and I just go with where the deals are. I always shop ccom's prices, i'd be a fool not to. Sometimes, I'll buy from other vendors online if the price is good and not call ccom for a price match, the reason being, i don't want these other guys to go out of business, marketing 101 says a competetive marketplace is a consumers marketplace, so about 15% go to other online retailers. Then let's not forget the little guys, I spend about 25% in B&Ms, because i want those guys there when I want to smoke and the heat index is 110 in Houston and I need to be in an air conditioned environment.

I don't think we are going to hurt ccom by shopping elsewhere, granted we shouldn't 'advertise' other vendors on this forum, that would be tacky, but the best thing we can do for ccom is tell our BOTL friends, 'this is where i spend most of my money', but I make sure that their prices are competitive first, that way ccom deservedly stay the market leader but our comments come across as 'honest and impartial'

Also, let's not be hypocritical, an established member here has been very vocal about the 262 Paradigms, and their upcoming new lines, but we all know, soon enough, those are marketed to b&Ms and via the 262 site directly, but we talk about them here, I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a finite budget, so if i buy something that ccom can't sell from elsewhere thats money i won't spend at ccom. now the kicker is would i have bought something else that ccom do offer..... food for thought.

I'll get down off my soap-box now, ;)

Agreed 100%, and Alex's response was super classy.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    Alex Svenson:

you're too good to us Alex.
    theadam:
    Lasabar:
    theadam:
    I. Get. That.

Oh don't worry, my alcohol intake control is nothing to be proud of...

I was just responding to your post and how you seperated your words with periods... Mainly letting the CCOM forum members know that you were frustrated that WE didn't understand what YOU meant... And when they tried to help you, you basically huffed, rolled your eyes and ulitmately told us we were stupid that we didn't get your INTERNET POST that, and on the internet tone and inflection do not carry over (sarcasm does, by the way). I was just matching you and how you were perceived one here.

It seems that you had no intention of coming back here after you got what you wanted, but if your intention was to stick around, you should, the internet is a cruel mistress with amnesia, so I would encourage you to participate from now on.

But as others have said, we are defensive around here for this forum is still pure and we police ourselves.