Home Ratings & Reviews

Diesel Unlimited

2»

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Are we going to see a DD on these?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Mine came in today. Well I'm not home but they were delivered today. Can't wait to fire one up tonight!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I've been holding off on commenting about this cigar until I was able to sample the line. Having now smoked the belicoso, churchill and most of a robusto, I feel I can say with confidence that I really dig this cigar. To sum up my thoughts, this blend is everything I had hoped the original Diesel would be and more. I really wanted to like the Unholy Cocktail, but it just didn't quite make it, this Unlimited is one I can see myself going through several boxes.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Smoked one of the D6's last night, right off the truck, and it was really enjoyable. Definately full bodied and full flavored. I want to revisit this stick when it has sat in my humi for a month. I'm betting these make into regular rotation.

Your's will be going out this week Pheebs.
  • bripperbripper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 67
    Extremely excellent new smoke. A customer gifted me a robusto d5. Impressive power and great draw. Fired an order for 1 box and upgrade, with the usual stellar service from Jeff at cigar.com world headquarters. Probably should have ordered 3 or 4 boxes, but it's not like I'm running low on smokes.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I was gifted a d.6 by a good friend. This is not a cigar for the novice. Even a veteran, multi stick daily smoker can be imtimidated by the size of the d.6(6x60). I am not great at flavors but here is my attempt. This is a large cigar and quite hefty in the hand.
    The cigar produces great volumes of smoke and started off with notes of leather, oak, pepper, and bitter chocolate/coffee through the first third.
    The second third introduces a nutty flavor that was very nice, more of a sunflower seed than anything else which was very pleasant on the palate.
    The ash hung on quite well. The final third was a return to mostly leather and pepper.
    The total burn time was 75 minutes. This was a very enjoyable smoke and it delivers a serious buzz. Enjoy!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I think you're right on with the flavors Gypsy. I just had the belicoso and that's very similar to what I got out of it.

Not being a huge fan of Pennsylvania broadleaf, I was so happy to see this stick in a different wrapper. I really, really liked this version. Now I just need to try the robusto so I'll know which box to buy. This thing definitely has go to stick potential.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Russ55:
    I think you're right on with the flavors Gypsy. I just had the belicoso and that's very similar to what I got out of it.

Not being a huge fan of Pennsylvania broadleaf, I was so happy to see this stick in a different wrapper. I really, really liked this version. Now I just need to try the robusto so I'll know which box to buy. This thing definitely has go to stick potential.
    Imo the two are somewhat similar, though I will say I do have a preference for one over the other. I won't say which so as not to plant any seeds that might influence your perception.
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

Imo the two are somewhat similar, though I will say I do have a preference for one over the other. I won't say which so as not to plant any seeds that might influence your perception.
    Sounds good, I should hopefully have the robusto here in a few days.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I had my first one Friday night right off the truck. Must say it was awesome! Can't wait for this to get a lil bit of age to try another one. Right now I'm gonna hold off on saying if I like it more than the UC but it's pretty close comparing it to the UC I had right off the truck when I got those.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I've had two so far and they have been great. In fact, it might have been the second best feeling in the world!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    I am in Total Agreement with everyone on this one, i have had two of these so far, EXCELLENT Smoke, One for the rotation for sure. I am wanting to try the belicoso, the 6 x 60 takes an hour and half + to smoke ... I smoked one of these in front of a one Armed Bandit, I broke even but wS ASKED BY SEVERAL MEN WHAT KIND OF CIGAR THAT BEAST WAS ....... b&m 'S DONT SELL These around here and It seeeems unless your on Cigar.Com Knowone has ever heard of a deisel.... Crazy.. but if they are in that limited of supply ill keep ccom a secret! Love my Deisels....... Havee you tryed my 'Death by Deisel" Challlenege
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    ENFIDL:
    Mine came in today. Well I'm not home but they were delivered today. Can't wait to fire one up tonight!
    Will probably be a while. Supply is just so limited due to the wrapper and we have had a hard time keeping up with regular orders. You will start to see it in more samplers and perhaps a saturdY deal or two before you see it on the daily cigar deal website. I'll keep you posted.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Got a 7x58 im going to try and tackle this weekend. That things a friggin telephone pole! That may take a while...Will post after im done and get feeling back in my mouth!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Krieg:
    Are we going to see a DD on these?

Done deal.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    check the deal today.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    yup, ordered mine right before they sold out!
    Tried the robusto today. Seemed a bit harsh through the nose, and a little lighter on flavor than the belicoso. I didn't give it much chance to rest, and my palate probably could have stood some rest as well. Still smelled wonderful. Going to wait a few weeks and try it with fresher taste buds.