Home General Discussion

Big Stinky Ashtrays! And Big Stinky!

GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
I don't know how many of you guys have took the plunge and picked up one of them fancy Stinky Ashtrays....

Photobucket

But lemme tell you guys it's way worth it - The things hold so much ash it's retarded - and they are asthetically pleasing and terribly easy to clean.
I personally have a Black Powder-Coated one.

Photobucket
Photobucket

And really my entire point of bringing this up is sort of to brag... The guy who invented them, Stinky, is a freaking celebrity in the cigar industry... And wouldn't you know it... He started attending my town's weekly cigar club!

Photobucket

It pays to go out and be social! Never know who you're going to meet!

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Very nice. The man knows what he is doing. I got one that works beautifully.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Awesome pic brother! Cool stuff!
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I like those.... I'll have to look into picking one up
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Since you talk to him, tell us where the name comes from!

Did it come from a schoolyard accident involving old milk?

Was it a nickname in college after a 3 day no-shower-study-a-thon and then the girl he has liked for the last semester was drunk and he figured she'd be too drunk to smell/remember the smell? But really she was only Franzia drunk and remembered the whole thing and called him out about it and the name stuck and he made the ashtray that name to shove it in the faces of every person in his Dorm?

Was it a pet name?
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    You know, to tell the truth, I never asked where it came from. I did ask him "What's your real name, btw?" And he just replied "Stinky" with a big smile! I'll ask him for you though, and see what he says!
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Nice! I just got one in a trade 2 days ago! My first ash tray!!

Nice picture Ryan!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    GadwinDuil:
    http://www.stinkycigar.com/PhotoGallery/

I've made it to the big times! lol

Ok this is a Sign, I used one of these in Monterey at a place called the Humidor, I have wanted one ever since...... Love the Stinkys web sight
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Redtailhawkoz:
    GadwinDuil:

Ok this is a Sign, I used one of these in Monterey at a place called the Humidor, I have wanted one ever since...... Love the Stinkys web sight
    Dude, Ozzie! I missed that place. I was stationed at Monterey while I was learning Spanish in the Army. Besides the military-hating hippies, I loved Monterey, California. I really wanna go back there someday.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Dude that's freaking awesome!!!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Very cool! nice pic !
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    That's a nice ashtray. Any idea how much it weighs. I just got an Ashton ashtray and even though it looks hefty it's not as heavy as I thought it might. I'm looking for something I can use outside and leave outside and not worry about it blowing away.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    wwhwang:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    GadwinDuil:

Dude, Ozzie! I missed that place. I was stationed at Monterey while I was learning Spanish in the Army. Besides the military-hating hippies, I loved Monterey, California. I really wanna go back there someday.

Im headed there this weekend!!!!!!!!! LOl Our Daughter was living in Marina, now she lives in Pebble Beach.. LOL Ruff HUH.. We go there al the time, I love that Place we would live there if we could afford it! LOL
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    rwheelwright:
    That's a nice ashtray. Any idea how much it weighs. I just got an Ashton ashtray and even though it looks hefty it's not as heavy as I thought it might. I'm looking for something I can use outside and leave outside and not worry about it blowing away.
    haha, I have that ashton ashtray and I just ordered a stinkys ashtray (really excited) BUT, what kinda weather do you have going on outside that the Ashton ashtray might blow away!? And if so, if the wind is that strong, would it be the least of your problems?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Because I live at the bottom of a mountain (not a big one) we get some pretty strong winds behind the house. I'm pretty sure the ashton would be fine but would hate to bust it up. Plus, I want something I could leave outside and not bring in unless I am cleaning it. That's it. Just being lazy!
    rwheelwright:

I don't have a food scale or anything so I can't figure how much it weighs exactly but I'd guess somewhere about 4-5 lbs.

Also, if you order the original stinky (The silver one) It's not a very tall ashtray and the base is almost as wide as the bowl itself, so I'd really be suprised if wind could blow that thing off a table.

Also, even if the wind could blow it off, I'm pretty sure stinky has a really good policy about fixing the stirrups if they break off. I know in person when we got them he said if they ever fall and break off to get ahold of him and he'd either replace it or put em back on.