Home General Discussion

"Smoke"

KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
Was channell surfing last night and came across "Smoke". Has anyone seen this show? Apparently its a series (about cigars and smoking cigars). Actually what I saw was Alan Rubin opening (for the first time) a box of Prensados. When he opened it, it looked to me like the wrapper was all F'd up on a few of them... (If this has been on for a while, I'm gonna feel like an idiot).

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    can't say I heard of it what channel did you find this on? or maybe station would be a better question... oh and what time!
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Hayblet:
    can't say I heard of it what channel did you find this on? or maybe station would be a better question... oh and what time!
    It was called "The Wealth Channell "(Seriously) LMAO! One show was on 8:30 PM EST and another @ 9:00 (not sure if there was one on at 8:00)
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Is that the same station that has the show Mega Mansions or something like that?
    stephen_hannibal:
    Is that the same station that has the show Mega Mansions or something like that?
    I really don't know. I didn't even know I got The Wealth Channell.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    just looked up on the channel website... didnt see the show listed.

.. i dont even have any cable... i get digital over the air on my bunny ears (and the receptions BLOWS). I save money... can buy more cigars...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    wish I had this channel, 200+ channels....and nada!
    NYHCx516x:
    just looked up on the channel website... didnt see the show listed.

.. i dont even have any cable... i get digital over the air on my bunny ears (and the receptions BLOWS). I save money... can buy more cigars...
    http://www.wealthtv.com/listings_2010_08_31.html
    It's right there in the line up for 8/31/10
    Krieg:
    Hey Krieg. That Grossman guy who is your Avatar is in CA this issue.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I see the Wealth Channel on my guide, but it doesn't come in. Guess they know my secret.
    How much of the show did you watch?
  • sumixamsumixam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 23
    Just put it on my dvr!
    LeftFive:
    I see the Wealth Channel on my guide, but it doesn't come in. Guess they know my secret.
    How much of the show did you watch?
    I saw the very end of the Alec Bradley show and saw some of the Beverly Hills Cigar Club show (but that was more of a Cigar 101 show. But still was cool that a TV show about cigars was on).
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Yeah, I actually caught both of them last night. I had never heard of the Wealth Channel and didn't know I got it. It must be new but it looks pretty low budget so far.

The first episode was pretty good. Had Alan Rubin at one of Nestor Plasencia's farms checking out tobacco and explaining the in's and out's of growing, curing, fermenting and rolling tobacco to the fairly attractive yet somewhat air-headed host. Pretty cool to see all of that.

The second episode however, was in some exclusive Bererly Hills cigar club. The host asked some dude to explain the proper way to light a cigar and he proceeds to tell her you gotta lick both ends of it first, the goes down on it like Jenna Jamison. I wrote that episode off right then and there....lol
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I almost forgot, they had trivia questions before commercial breaks. The 'best' one was "Are cigars really rolled on the thighs of virgins?" I $hit you not, that was their trivia question and they weren't really trying to be comical or sarcastic about it. And of course to my dismay, the answer was "No".
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I don't have the wealth channel... Time Warner Cable can't even keep a single Disney Channel, how are they going to have a channel called "Wealth"?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    KCW:
    Krieg:
    Yeah, I got my issue on monday, taking tomorrow off and gonna have a smoke and read the article :)
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Anyone with Direct TV know the channel ? I can not seem to find it.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    KCW:
    Krieg:

It looks to me that Adrien Brody is on the front cover of the new one..... I've often wondered about Krieg's Avatar
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Heavy:
    I almost forgot, they had trivia questions before commercial breaks. The 'best' one was "Are cigars really rolled on the thighs of virgins?" I $hit you not, that was their trivia question and they weren't really trying to be comical or sarcastic about it. And of course to my dismay, the answer was "No".
    That is a pretty famous Old Wives Tale about the cigar industry.