Home General Discussion

anybody ever try ...

gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
Paul Garmirian cigars in any sizes . Had a friend tell me about these and how they are supposed to be a cigar of choice for a lot of politicians including some presidents. Thats not a reason to smoke anything true but after visiting their website their descriptions of some of their cigars did sound very good . Just wondering if any of the BORKS out there ever smoked one and what your opinion is .

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Never heard of it. I'm looking at their website right now. Apparently, they're claiming to be a super-premium line that no one knows about because they never advertise or give out catalogs and they don't do events. They also claim to be the blenders and rollers of the first belicoso shaped cigar to ever show up in the US in 1990 (sounds like BS). They don't claim to cater to presidents or politicians though. Most politicians simply ignore the laws they pass and get ISOMs.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I've seen them in my local shop and just always passed them by... generic look never caught my attention.

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    wwhwang:
    Never heard of it. I'm looking at their website right now. Apparently, they're claiming to be a super-premium line that no one knows about because they never advertise or give out catalogs and they don't do events. They also claim to be the crafts of the first belicoso shaped cigar to ever show up in the US in 1990 (sounds like BS). They don't claim to cater to presidents or politicians though. Most politicians simply ignore the laws they pass and get ISOMs.

Yeah their website does not mention the politician side however their are several other places if you research them far enought that does mention a coupla prez's and Washington insiders. Also , the time my friend spent in D.C. , these were supposedly passed out at some political and financial power players events . I wasn't there ( LOL ) so I don't know . I had never heard of them as well but they do sound tasty in some of their descriptions .
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    The shop that I frequent is supposedly carrying them... and it must be "Only the Finest of Cigar Shops"....

I will have to check them out!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    gmill880:
    wwhwang:
    Never heard of it. I'm looking at their website right now. Apparently, they're claiming to be a super-premium line that no one knows about because they never advertise or give out catalogs and they don't do events. They also claim to be the crafts of the first belicoso shaped cigar to ever show up in the US in 1990 (sounds like BS). They don't claim to cater to presidents or politicians though. Most politicians simply ignore the laws they pass and get ISOMs.

Yeah their website does not mention the politician side however their are several other places if you research them far enought that does mention a coupla prez's and Washington insiders. Also , the time my friend spent in D.C. , these were supposedly passed out at some political and financial power players events . I wasn't there ( LOL ) so I don't know . I had never heard of them as well but they do sound tasty in some of their descriptions .
    That and these PG cigars seem horrendously overpriced for a cigar that has no advertising, marketing, or public relations sector at all. Sorry, but I still can't get over that claim lol. "We're the first ones to ever have a belicoso shaped cigar anywhere in the US...evar"
    stephen_hannibal:
    I've seen them in my local shop and just always passed them by... generic look never caught my attention.

I hear ya . It does not have an appealing band at all . But just what if it was a kick-a_ss smoke , maybe its just human nature to want to stumble onto to something awsome. I guess thats why people buy metal-detectors huh ... or funky banded cigars . Stephen you may have to be our designated tester haha .
    Looking further on-line tonight I did find a review from " Stogie Guys " from '08 that compared the PG's they smoked to a Davidoff Millenium (sp?) ...thats interesting .
    gmill880:
    Looking further on-line tonight I did find a review from " Stogie Guys " from '08 that compared the PG's they smoked to a Davidoff Millenium (sp?) ...thats interesting .
    That's a high review!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    gmill880:
    Damn you Gene! lol Now I need to go see if I can find these in any of the shops around the Dallas area. Sounds interesting to say the least, and you're right, can't help but want to find a new gem hiding out there.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I work with a guy who will only smoke these. I've tried to get him to try others but he thinks that they'd be below him. He's a super douche so that killed me wanting to try these. If he offers me one though I'll give it a whirl
    ENFIDL:
    I work with a guy who will only smoke these. I've tried to get him to try others but he thinks that they'd be below him. He's a super douche so that killed me wanting to try these. If he offers me one though I'll give it a whirl
    I hate "Super Douches".... I wanna punch them
    Lasabar:
    ENFIDL:
    This one could use a good punch in the face! lol
    ENFIDL:
    Lasabar:
    ENFIDL:
    Wait... Like Punch "Royal Coronation" or a physical knuckle sammich???
    Lasabar:
    ENFIDL:
    Lasabar:
    ENFIDL:
    Wait... Like Punch "Royal Coronation" or a physical knuckle sammich???
    Knuckle sammich!!!! About 27 value meals worth of them...lol
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Damn you Gene! lol Now I need to go see if I can find these in any of the shops around the Dallas area. Sounds interesting to say the least, and you're right, can't help but want to find a new gem hiding out there.

Let me know if you get to try them and how they are , I'm looking for some around here as well .
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Let me know if you get to try them and how they are , I'm looking for some around here as well .
    I can get them as I live just outside DC and work in DC. Let me know if you want any and I'll hook ya brother!
    I didn't notice until just now but the B&M I've just recently started going to carries them. It's not too far from my house.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Their website says they are sold at my local B&M up here where I go to all the events. I'll check next time I'm in there. Don't go in there as often lately because I moved a ways away, but it's still close to work.
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

I can get them as I live just outside DC and work in DC. Let me know if you want any and I'll hook ya brother!

Will do bro ... I'm gonna look a coupla places this weekend and if I dont see any we will work something out. Thanks for the offer !
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Will do bro ... I'm gonna look a coupla places this weekend and if I dont see any we will work something out. Thanks for the offer !
    Anytime brother! Just let me know