Home General Discussion

Today is the first day...

bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
...since I started "acquiring" cigars that I managed to whittle my stock down enough to fit everything I currently have into my only 100 ct humidor.

Is this bad?

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    You're working backwards. Instead of whittling down, you should be buying another humidor.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Well, to be fair I haven't been whittling down because of choice :(

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    whitlle up my friend...never down...the guys here certainly helped me out big time!
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I feel ya man. I am down to around 80 sticks. I have not had any money lately to get anything with trying to buy a house and going back to school. Its also killing me because I can not get in on any of the bombs or trades and I am currently working on a bomb for a certain person we all know but its gonna take me 4 damn months to do what it is I want to do. O well I have a lotto ticket with my name on it.. Wish me luck !
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I was trying to do that for a while. Like a month or two, but then all these deals came along, and now I have so many cigars about to hit my doorstep today..I've thought about to deleting all my cigar site bookmarks to stop myself from looking at all the deals. I'd have to stop the emails too though.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    The Cank:
    I feel ya man. I am down to around 80 sticks. I have not had any money lately to get anything with trying to buy a house and going back to school. Its also killing me because I can not get in on any of the bombs or trades and I am currently working on a bomb for a certain person we all know but its gonna take me 4 damn months to do what it is I want to do. O well I have a lotto ticket with my name on it.. Wish me luck !
    I do not think that it is bad that you are down to 80-100 sticks, as long as they are quality sticks that you enjoy. When I first started collecting I wanted as many sticks as I could get my hands on. Now I can pass on a bunch because I have an idea of what I like and want to try. I will admit that it is hard to pass on some of the deals that I keep hearing about but then I look at my budget and think to myself is this something that I really enjoy or have been wanting to try. If the answer is no I pass on the deal. Hang in there you two the days of large cabinets full of only the finest cigars is right around the corner.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    man... i was getting worried that i was down to 180 cigars.

for the record... thats -7 on my "over/under"
    kuzi16:

I counted 87 just now, excluding the Gurkha Centurian I just burned down.

I'm going to be in town for the Labor Day weekend visiting a friend at UA Kuzi, I'll have to swing by the shop while I'm over there.

bacon.jay:
    kuzi16:

I counted 87 just now, excluding the Gurkha Centurian I just burned down.

I'm going to be in town for the Labor Day weekend visiting a friend at UA Kuzi, I'll have to swing by the shop while I'm over there.

ive got saturday evening off. (restaurant biz) if you guys wanna get together at some point we can work that out.

need my number?
  • SchroozSchrooz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 165
    A 100 count humi! That's a big stash. I should have saved what I spent on my 20 count humidor and spent it on a 100+ size humidor. With the lot of cheap sampler deals going on one can really accumulate a quality variety for cheap. I thought a 20 stick humi was enough for me.  No way, Jose!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Schrooz:
    A 100 count humi! That's a big stash. I should have saved what I spent on my 20 count humidor and spent it on a 100+ size humidor. With the lot of cheap sampler deals going on one can really accumulate a quality variety for cheap. I thought a 20 stick humi was enough for me.  No way, Jose!
    If I could step in here and say if you think you will need 100 count buy a 300 count humi.....trust me on this from what little experience I have I know that what ever you think you will need triple that. These things are like rabbits they multiply when you are not looking.
    Sandman1am:
    Schrooz:
    If I could step in here and say if you think you will need 100 count buy a 300 count humi.....trust me on this from what little experience I have I know that what ever you think you will need triple that. These things are like rabbits they multiply when you are not looking.
    ive said this before and ill say it again...

if you are looking for a 50 count because you want to be able to buy a box, then go with a 300ct.
    if you are looking for a 150ct because you will "never need than many cigars" then buy a 1200ct.
    if you are looking for a 1000ct because it will be a good end table, buy a 5,000ct cabinet.
    if you are looking for a cabinet, just build a walk in.
    if you are looking to build a walk in, just buy yourself your own shop.
    if you already have your own shop, quit your bitchin!!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I'm down to 684 (-4 I smoked today thus far) but have 80 more on the way, + the 20 that came in today...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I wish I could tell you how many I really have but I don't have the patience to look. My guess is around 1200 and I got 20 yesterday and I have another 20 on the way pluf the box of the sun grown last week -2 that I smoked last night -2 that I am going to smoke tonight and -3 for the ones I am going to give away.
  • shawtdshawtd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 72
    Granted I'm a newbie. But I'm still in awe about the #s of cigars people here have. I have like 10 cigars and I fell like that is plenty. Perhaps I need to find more time to smoke...
    UA trip fell through Kuzi, seems as though my buddy's going to be back home for Labor Day weekend now. We'll have to get together again though sometime.

I would like a cabinet, or even a walkin, but neither of those are a possibility until I get my own place.