Home General Discussion

Havana Day Dreamers Event

kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
i will be attending a cigar event on sept 2 hosted by Havana Day Dreamers, Inc.
the event is to benefit The One-in-Six Foundation. If you are not familiar with that foundation, it continues to search for the cure for prostate cancer.

not only am i attending the event, but i will be manning the grill that day. Im excited and honored that i am able to be a part of this event.

LINK

ill keep you all posted on this. pics (if i remember the camera) will follow after the event.

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Hey thanks for the info. Didn't want to derail the thread anymore then what I already had. Sending you a PM now.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    my dad is having his prostate surgery today, what timing. best of luck on the event
    dennisking:
    my dad is having his prostate surgery today, what timing. best of luck on the event
    Good luck to your dad on his surgery.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Sandman1am:
    dennisking:
    Yea, wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Sandman1am:
    Hey thanks for the info. Didn't want to derail the thread anymore then what I already had. Sending you a PM now.
    PMed back
    sightunseen:
    Sandman1am:
    dennisking:
    Yea, wishes for a speedy recovery.
    this is the reason for the event. we are all rootin for ya both.
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    PMed back
    And back to you
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    thanks guys, he came thru fine the doc says. i'm headed there after work to see him.
    should be leaving for this event in about 20 min.

should be a good time.

cigars provided by Drew Estates.
    holy crap. this event was sweet.
    as i was setting up so i could cook for the event, i was handed a 3 pack of cigars. in that 3 pack was a JdN Cabinetta serie, a JdN Celebracion, and a JdN Dark Corojo.
    right away i smoked the Cabinetta. this was a good mild to medium body cigar with great flavors that can easily be smoked on an empty stomach. the different wrappers was a great idea and it was executed flawlessly. seriously, check this cigar out.

then i cooked fifty 16oz inch thick NY Strip steaks for the good folks there along with grilled corn on the cob. (some of the best corn ive had all season, nice and sweet)

after that i joined the guy from my local B&M (Matt, for those of you who have met him) and the rep from Drew Estates and we ate dinner. Matt lit up an Antano, the DE rep lit up a Tat boris and i smoked the JdN Celebration (this will now be my new fall smoke. fantastic cigar. check this one out too). we sat there for the rest of the night smoked, talked cigars and enjoyed life. i got two other cigars from this. one was a JdN classico that was handed to me by the owner of the country club because he liked his steak that much. the other was handed to me by the DE rep for the same reason. that cigar was a Padron 1964 Anniversary. they want me to come back and cook the next event as well. My wife and i will also be Donating a Chocolate Sampler for the silent auction.

this was a great event and when they hold the next event, ill keep you all posted on how any of you can attend if you would like as well. they raised just over $7k for the One in Six foundation. great cause, great night. i was both humbled and amazed by this event.

edit: also managed to bid on (but not win) some La Traviatas. why did i bid on them? it was the maduro. new. cant get em yet.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Does that mean you're giving up the Cusano '97's???
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Lasabar:
    I recently got some and Kuzi noted that they are great autumn smokes. I tried one and agree. So if Kuzi is giving them up, I shall carry on the torch.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    sightunseen:
    Lasabar:
    I recently got some and Kuzi noted that they are great autumn smokes. I tried one and agree. So if Kuzi is giving them up, I shall carry on the torch.
    I still have one from '07 that I got from Kuzi's 1000th post contest! (shows you how old the cigars are!)
    Lasabar:
    sightunseen:
    Lasabar:
    I still have one from '07 that I got from Kuzi's 1000th post contest! (shows you how old the cigars are!)
    they are just geting harder to find in singles. i also feel that the quality in the vintage 97 has dropped off a touch.

but really, the celebracion is just outstanding.

i still recommend the 97 for crisp fall nights