Home General Discussion

Any info on these?

wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
In CCom's latest newsletter, there was a short list on new lines that will definitely be on the CCom lineup. Two questions about this. What are Ave Maria (love the song) and Swag and is there any info on these? Also, does this mean that Gurkha Ninja, Viper, and Spec Ops will not be on the CCom lineup?

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    It says it was a list of what they thought the best new things at the show were. I'm sort of bummed that the new releases from some of my favorite makers aren't on there (EP Carrillo, etc.)
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Off topic------somewhat anyway......EP Carrillo was the nicest guy I ever met in the business at an event I went to and truly felt like "one of the guys" or an equal around him. Totally different comfort level or vibe than around Rocky P. or J. Padron when I met them. Oliva family and Newmans were nice, but EP was just an awesome guy. Have a pic of he and I at the event as he let me roll some cigars there that they were selling and told me to keep the ones I did for free as I was thre early. I will now digress.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Vulchor:
    Off topic------somewhat anyway......EP Carrillo was the nicest guy I ever met in the business at an event I went to and truly felt like "one of the guys" or an equal around him. Totally different comfort level or vibe than around Rocky P. or J. Padron when I met them. Oliva family and Newmans were nice, but EP was just an awesome guy. Have a pic of he and I at the event as he let me roll some cigars there that they were selling and told me to keep the ones I did for free as I was thre early. I will now digress.
    EP Carillo is the man. He bought a bunch of us cigar bloggers drinks when he saw us ar Cochone in New Orleans. He said we were all drinking water or tea so he had to fix the situation. He was eating lunch with his family and hooked us up which was amazing. Not because he bought us something but because he acknowledged us and knew who we were. Ernesto Padilla, Guillermo Leon, Eddie Ortega, Nestor Miranda, Alan Rubin, Matthew Booth, Guillermo Rico & George Rico, The Toranos, Kaizad Hansotia, Don Pepin Garcia, Litto Gomez & his wife were all amazing and super nice in person. They treated me like an equal and spent time talking with me. Rocky Patel was nice to me but seemed distant and the vibe/comfort level was awkward. His sales reps were kind of giving a bad vibe also. So I totally understand what you are saying.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I remember seeing SWAG on the Oliveros Site. Looks like a 'hood goods' type cigar, though the info on it (blend) looks legitimate.

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    jsnake:
    Vulchor:
    EP Carillo is the man. He bought a bunch of us cigar bloggers drinks when he saw us ar Cochone in New Orleans. He said we were all drinking water or tea so he had to fix the situation. He was eating lunch with his family and hooked us up which was amazing. Not because he bought us something but because he acknowledged us and knew who we were. Ernesto Padilla, Guillermo Leon, Eddie Ortega, Nestor Miranda, Alan Rubin, Matthew Booth, Guillermo Rico & George Rico, The Toranos, Kaizad Hansotia, Don Pepin Garcia, Litto Gomez & his wife were all amazing and super nice in person. They treated me like an equal and spent time talking with me. Rocky Patel was nice to me but seemed distant and the vibe/comfort level was awkward. His sales reps were kind of giving a bad vibe also. So I totally understand what you are saying.
    I met a RP rep recently and had the same feeling.