Home General Discussion

Worst cigar bands/names

jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
So I was looking through a cigar catalog and see the Mi Barrio cigars with these two dudes just chillin on the band and thinking WTF was this guy thinking. Any one else have a crazy brand they have found and were any of them "good"

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I thought the same thing. But it's a Pepin Blend so it' either good or amazing.

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    The "two dudes chillin" on the Mi Barrio band are Don Pepin and I believe one of the guys behind EO brands, the company that does the Mi Barrio line, so it isn't really a strange band at all... And it happens to be an awesome smoke.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    docbp87:
    The "two dudes chillin" on the Mi Barrio band are Don Pepin and I believe one of the guys behind EO brands, the company that does the Mi Barrio line, so it isn't really a strange band at all... And it happens to be an awesome smoke.
    Is it because 40 of them for 115 bucks seems like a good deal then ( I still think that a pretty lame band as far as markiting would go)
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    The new 601 bands are pretty bad. Devil Weed is a pretty bad name.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    docbp87:
    +1 I reviewed a Mi Barrio over @ Wbfiller.com it should still be in the review section as well just several pages back most likely. It's a solid smoke and won't dissapoint.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    jship079:
    docbp87:
    Is it because 40 of them for 115 bucks seems like a good deal then ( I still think that a pretty lame band as far as markiting would go)
    I'm not sure I understand your question.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    The new 601 bands are great and I saw them in person. Now instead of all the confusion I know which 601 I have. The old bands had to much crap on them and were all really similar. Hard to tell the green from the black.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I've never tried it, but I think the worst name for a cigar I've seen is the Gurkha Status...... just sounds way too pretentious. It actually looks like it might be a good cigar, though.......
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Great Wall. Apparently, it's the only handmade premium cigar from China. I'm strangely interested and want to try it out. Maybe it's just the Chinese blood in me screaming. But then again, I'm also the guy that decided to visit the Great Wall and scream about Mongorians breakin' down my sh1tty walr.

http://www.tobaccoasia.com/features/245-great-wall-chinas-no-1-cigar-brand.html
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    f*ck you mongowrians...
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    docbp87:
    jship079:
    docbp87:
    I'm not sure I understand your question.
    I was just asking if you were serious about it being good.ButI see it is a pepin blend and someone else also said it was a good smoke. So I might give it a try someone has the boxs buy one get a box free and the boxs are like 115 dollars a pice.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    martymcg43:
    f*ck you mongowrians...
    LMAO... BTW.... Like your Coollidor ...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Any band that pulls off wrapper when you take it off completely SUCKS!
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I think Ccom's sister mag usually does a write-up of the worst cigars with the worst names (pretty funny, actually, especially since they then offer to sell you said bad cigars at a discount). "Raji's Demise" was one of them
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    xmacro:
    I think Ccom's sister mag usually does a write-up of the worst cigars with the worst names (pretty funny, actually, especially since they then offer to sell you said bad cigars at a discount). "Raji's Demise" was one of them
    I believe they call them "The Unsmokeables" and warn you not to buy anything on that page! LOL
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    +1 on Devils Weed...Also...Gurkha Evil, Erin Go Bragh, and the new Opus X size "pu$$y cat"...........EDIT, lol, The Opus Z size is so bad apparently you cant write it here without get the *****