Home General Discussion

Smoked my 1st Diesel last night...

dan8052dan8052 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
Puked my guts out afterward. Has this ever happened to anyone else. I'm hoping it was something I ate. I'll try another one next month and see what happens.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Did you smoke it on an empty stomach? Maybe you smoked it too quickly?
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    No puking, but definitely hit me hard. Like Doc says, smoking this one fast or on an empty stomach is not advised.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    dan8052:
    Puked my guts out afterward. Has this ever happened to anyone else. I'm hoping it was something I ate. I'll try another one next month and see what happens.
    I'd puke too unless you like smoking a cigar that tastes like feet and a$$ and burning hay. lmao, actually after the initial nasty taste they get really good. I got sick off a CAO La Traviata once and was unsure. When I smoked my second one I knew for sure it was definitely something I ate that day. Try it again after a week or 2 on a full stomach.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    jsnake:
    dan8052:
    I'd puke too unless you like smoking a cigar that tastes like feet and a$$ and burning hay. lmao, actually after the initial nasty taste they get really good. I got sick off a CAO La Traviata once and was unsure. When I smoked my second one I knew for sure it was definitely something I ate that day. Try it again after a week or 2 on a full stomach.
    If your having a rough time with these off the light, your prolly over torching yours. Ive had a couple and never had any issues with them until you get down to the end.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    dan8052:
    That's awful. Do you normally smoke med-full, or full bodied sticks? How long have you been smoking cigars?
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Like Russ55 said, we need more info. If you aren't used to smoking full-bodied cigars and you smoked it on an empty stomach (or a full stomach, maybe), it's probably because your nicotine tolerance is too low (one reason I avoid full-bodied cigars - I hate the effects)

Live and learn :) Can't tell you how many times I've smoked too fast or smoked something on an empty stomach and I wind up on the couch, passed out afterwards
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    1. Eat a solid meal before hand
    2. Carefully light your cigar, never over-torch it when you first lite it up
    3. Smoke nice and slow
    4. ???
    5. Profit!

Sorry you blew chunks, man. That's rough. Hope your next one goes better - try the Diesel Shorty, it's even more delicious than the Unholy Cocktail in my humble opinion.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    I usually feel the effect of a full bodied cigar but actually got nothing off of the diesel. I enjoyed it.
  • dan8052dan8052 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    Thanks for all of your replies. I was starving, ate half a XL pizza then I was good. I may have smoked it too fast because when I stood up afterwards I immediately felt dizzy. Went upstairs laid down and waited for it to happen. I also had a strong cigar taste in my mouth this morning. I think I need to slow down the smoke. Okay, I'm over that. On Wednesday I bought the DD of AJ Fernandez sample. This is where I got the Diesel from... are there any other cigars in that deal I should what out for? MOW, Vages 5? I bought 2 so I will have my other Diesel in a month or so.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    The 5 Vegas AAA hit's me harder than the Diesel, but neither hits me very hard (both very tasty IMO though). Sorry to hear you got sick, hope it goes better for you next time :^)
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    Duder2:
    The 5 Vegas AAA hit's me harder than the Diesel, but neither hits me very hard (both very tasty IMO though). Sorry to hear you got sick, hope it goes better for you next time :^)
    unholy cocktail is a great stick. I try to never run outta them. but if you smoke this to fast, it will mess you up. as i have seen a few of my buddys do.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    completely agree with ya vegas.....i never run out of them...im waiting for them to hit dd for 12 bucks a 5 pack....they did a long time ago and i would love to see it happen again! lol...or they finally got the rocky 99 on the site...that would be awesome as well...lol..but the unholy cocktail is the one of the best cigars ever made
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    TatuajeVI:
    1. Eat a solid meal before hand
    2. Carefully light your cigar, never over-torch it when you first lite it up
    3. Smoke nice and slow
    4. ???
    5. Profit!

Sorry you blew chunks, man. That's rough. Hope your next one goes better - try the Diesel Shorty, it's even more delicious than the Unholy Cocktail in my humble opinion.
    Your comments just reminded me of an old joke. Short version is 'I got so drunk last nite that I blew chunks. Oh, that aint so bad everyone's done that before. No, you don't understand, Chunks is my dog.'
  • dan8052dan8052 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10