Home General Discussion

WooHoo Dome is Seasoned. Now What

TheDuckofDeathTheDuckofDeath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 20
5 long days of distilled water, constant 75%.Now my 300 count dome humidor is ready,and my beads are spritzed.My rough count of my other humidors is approx 75-80 sticks. Should I go on.a wild Obama spending spree to fill it, or a slower steady approach? Just can't wait

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    The closer to full it is, the better it will hold a steady RH%.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I require a fee of 5 sticks before dispensing any advice.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    dont go on spending spree....i took my time, I know have a 300ct packed with a wide variety and a giant tubaware packed from the guys bombing me here....!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    If you're still new to cigars I wouldn't fill it right away. I wouldn't commit to anything other than samplers and 5 packs. I ended up with large quantities of stuff that didn't do it for me after my palate changed a few times. If you're not new to cigars, and you know what you like, I'd buy away and fill that sucker up.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Russ55:
    If you're still new to cigars I wouldn't fill it right away. I wouldn't commit to anything other than samplers and 5 packs. I ended up with large quantities of stuff that didn't do it for me after my palate changed a few times. If you're not new to cigars, and you know what you like, I'd buy away and fill that sucker up.
    X2...ordered a bunch of gurkhas which my wife had to make room for stateside when I went on a spending spree lol
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    lol, spending sprees rock! But seriously, the other guys giving you advice not to rush it is a good idea - start slow and you'll have favorites replaced with others eventually. My humidors look NOTHING like they did a year ago, and I'm very proud of my collection that I've slowly built. Who knows what they will look like next year!

Also, I watched Unforgiven a couple days ago. :) "Duck, I says!"
  • TheDuckofDeathTheDuckofDeath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 20
    Tat-you figured out my name.I still chuckle when he's reading the dime store novel. Looking at my collection now more than half my smokes are AJ, and that's a good thing.might have to buy anothet box of Virtues(my fav) just to get a little age on them
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I also wouldn't just go crazy, I would take my time, because you are going to see deals out there on some good smokes that you will wanna get, and if your humi is already filled, you're not gonna have any place for them (espeically if u get bombed or get in on some games) Take your time, enjoy filling it up!
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    TheDuckofDeath:
    5 long days of distilled water, constant 75%.Now my 300 count dome humidor is ready,and my beads are spritzed.My rough count of my other humidors is approx 75-80 sticks. Should I go on.a wild Obama spending spree to fill it, or a slower steady approach? Just can't wait
    If you fallow the Obama spree you must do it within a week and cannot tell anyone what your getting for the money. Fun but foolish. Good luck filling it bro thats the fun part take it slow.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    cooch36:
    TheDuckofDeath:
    If you fallow the Obama spree you must do it within a week and cannot tell anyone what your getting for the money. Fun but foolish. Good luck filling it bro thats the fun part take it slow.
    Don't forget...if he follows the Obama plan, he will in all likelihood take the money from xmacro; anyone who charges for advice is a lawyer, and therefore has more money than they need, and so it will be "redistributed" to the proletariat. image
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Don't go crazy just yet. Keep your eye out for some samplers of types of cigars you like. Then when you find something you really like, you can stock up on them. Happy hunting!
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    TheDuckofDeath:
    Tat-you figured out my name.I still chuckle when he's reading the dime store novel. Looking at my collection now more than half my smokes are AJ, and that's a good thing.might have to buy anothet box of Virtues(my fav) just to get a little age on them
    Ha! great movie. I totally didn't catch that at first though lol