Home General Discussion

It's Been a While...

WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 328
Hello everybody.... man, it seems like it's been years.... when it's only been a couple of months. Employment opportunities have taken me from Atlanta to the coast of South Carolina... Charleston.... I gotta tell ya... that finding a good place for my wood shop and to get things up and running again is quite taxing.... It was tough to move out of a shop that I built from the ground up.... but, life changes and things keep falling in place.... I have leased in to a great 1200 square foot commercial location and I can say now that I'm ready to make some sawdust.... specifically... humidors!!! I just got my delivery of wood that Richard from Carlton McClendon's Rare Woods & Veneers in Atlanta hand picked out for me.... based on me telling him what I wanted.... Kudos to Richard!!! Great place to get what you need. Richard has just about any kind of wood you would want and certainly has my business for as long as I'm woodworking... So.... I'm ready to start cutting wood.... and here's a picture of my first "Charleston" made humidors... well, not quite humidors yet... but, they will be.... :-) Only a couple of boards are spoken for... but, I figure I'll go ahead and start building.... you know what they say... if you build it, they will come.... Good to be back! Left to Right Zebra wood - 2 boards of Jataboa - 2 boards of Curly Maple - Bird's Eye Maple - Wormy Chestnut - 2 boards of Walnut image

Comments